Oil splatter from bleeding my Air Venturi compressor

Curious to know if you guys have any cleaver tricks to handle the oil explosion that happens when you bleed your Air Venturi HPA air compressor?

I've been putting a couple paper towels underneath the bleed valve before bleeding to try to catch the motor oil that is blown out of the valve, but so much gets ejected at such a fast pace that occasionally even when I try to bleed it very slowly it still manages to get all over my floor, my gun, or myself.

There has to be a better way! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Open up your filter tower. I bet your media is saturated with compressor oil, which is NOT A GOOD THING!

You have crank case oil slipping past the piston seals and making it into your high pressure air system.

Is this compressor new? If so, did you install the crank case breather on top of the case, that replaces the black oil fill plug that came when the compressor was brand new?

As an AirVenturi owner for a few years now with a few hiccups along the way the discharge from the bleeder is a good indication of the health of your compressor. The worst I had was during my first major problem. The discharge from the filter housing was a totally black oil goo and the lube oil darkened really bad as well. As Bigragu mentioned the high pressure seals had worn out/failed alowing high pressure air back into the crankcase. The high pressure sides main large piston that supports the smaller piston has two holes in the top of it that allows lube oil to travel up on top of the larger piston for normal lube. My guess is that that same oil was then migrating past the high pressure seals and somewhat combusting creating the black goo which then drizzled back into the crank case and was also discharged into the filter housing. Normally I get very little discharge at all and I always check the color of it which is usually just water with a hint of lube oil. Hopefully yours (m021478) is nothing like what I saw but just keep this and what the others are say in the back of your mind. 

Jking

The discharge from the filter housing was a totally black oil goo and the lube oil darkened really bad as well. As Bigragu mentioned the high pressure seals had worn out/failed alowing high pressure air back into the crankcase. 

Jking

WOW am I glad I asked about this! I'm also getting the thick black oil goo spewing out of the relief valve like you were. My compressor is brand new purchased directly from Pyramyd Air. It has spewed the black oil goo every single time I've used it since the first time I used it about 3 weeks ago.

How do I go about fixing the issue? Don't suppose anyone knows of a YouTube video that shows how to fix it, do they? Jking... when you say, "The high pressure sides main large piston that supports the smaller piston has two holes in the top of it that allows lube oil to travel up on top of the larger piston for normal lube." I realize how little I know about this compressor because this statement leaves me more confused than I was before you said it! LOL.

Anyone have a video or picture diagram of what I'm supposed to do to fix this problem? Or can someone explain it in layman's terms? Thanks guys!

As an AirVenturi owner for a few years now with a few hiccups along the way the discharge from the bleeder is a good indication of the health of your compressor. The worst I had was during my first major problem. The discharge from the filter housing was a totally black oil goo and the lube oil darkened really bad as well. As Bigragu mentioned the high pressure seals had worn out/failed alowing high pressure air back into the crankcase. The high pressure sides main large piston that supports the smaller piston has two holes in the top of it that allows lube oil to travel up on top of the larger piston for normal lube. My guess is that that same oil was then migrating past the high pressure seals and somewhat combusting creating the black goo which then drizzled back into the crank case and was also discharged into the filter housing. Normally I get very little discharge at all and I always check the color of it which is usually just water with a hint of lube oil. Hopefully yours (m021478) is nothing like what I saw but just keep this and what the others are say in the back of your mind. 

Jking

Jimmy why tip toe along..hiccup..lol..full blown failure..when a crankshaft snaps in half...they just are not worthy of spending $$ on these units period

Micah, I'd stop using it for now. It has a 1 year warranty on it so if it's new I'd call Pyramid Air and talk to the AirVenturi folks about a RMA to return it on there nickel, hopefully you kept the box. 😧 I do have the schematics on it and I can help you if needed. I have lots of photos I can also share if it comes down to it. I can any way but I'll have to get them off a different computer. 

Tibor, dangit I was trying to forget some of the pain... lol

jk

Micah, I'd stop using it for now. It has a 1 year warranty on it so if it's new I'd call Pyramid Air and talk to the AirVenturi folks about a RMA to return it on there nickel, hopefully you kept the box. 
1f627.svg
 I do have the schematics on it and I can help you if needed. I have lots of photos I can also share if it comes down to it. I can any way but I'll have to get them off a different computer. 

jk

Just purchased a repaired air Venturi hpa compressor. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it will be a good one. I would however appreciate a copy of the schematics of this compressor just in case I have to troubleshoot and repair it.

I hope m021478 get his repaired quickly.

Micah, I'd stop using it for now. It has a 1 year warranty on it so if it's new I'd call Pyramid Air and talk to the AirVenturi folks about a RMA to return it on there nickel, hopefully you kept the box. 
1f627.svg
 I do have the schematics on it and I can help you if needed. I have lots of photos I can also share if it comes down to it. I can any way but I'll have to get them off a different computer. 

jk

Just purchased a repaired air Venturi hpa compressor. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it will be a good one. I would however appreciate a copy of the schematics of this compressor just in case I have to troubleshoot and repair it.

I hope m021478 get his repaired quickly.

PM sent with schematics, if you or anyone else would like a set sent to your email PM me or send me an email to [email protected]

jk