• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oil + high pressure = death, but.. at how many pressure?

Hi lads, in my quest to turn the HDR.50 into something less lamentable, I get my hands on a HPA remote system.

0.2l bottle with a 1000PSI regulator (seeing how poorly those guns are made I don't wanna risk higher) remote line to the deposit of the gun.

I know that oil inside any PCP tank = quantum state frag grenade, but.. my HDR.50 is full of cheap silicone based oil, I was feeding it every few Co2 cans cause... well.. its a friking Co2 gun.

Problem.. now I want to run it at pcp with 1000 PSI reg (the max pressure Co2 can get is 1015 on the hottest day, but PCP is basically compressed and very flamable oxigen) and I really whant to know if there is any danger of the gun going Allahu Akhbar on my hand or something.

Also the bottle is a branded quality one, but the regulator is a cheap china thing and I don't wanna put much trust on it, so I don't plan on filling the bottle at 2000PSI just in case the regulator isn't doing his job propperly.

Is there an arbitrary number from wich oil lubes can ignite? Searching on Paintball forums, there is people that says there is ok to put oil on the marker but not on the tank, and there is people that say it's not ok... so I'm confused.

Oil in a HPA bottle is not compressed?????

In my prior working life I had O2 and N20 tanks in my office. We were always advised to NEVER use any petroleum base lube anywhere on them. That said, I never heard of an explosion of such either. Maybe because people knew better than to do it, maybe because it just isn't likely. Not sure but personally I avoid it.

I was told by a certified OSHA safety instructor, that a automotive mechanic with oily, greasy @$$ overalls on, will ignite when he blows himself off of debris with HPA at end of day.

im not sure if blowing yourself(oily greasy clothes) off with your pcp tank air will do it, but for sure compressed oxygen from a tank will do so for sure.

who wants to be a myth buster?

I was told by a certified OSHA safety instructor, that a automotive mechanic with oily, greasy @$$ overalls on, will ignite when he blows himself off of debris with HPA at end of day.

im not sure if blowing yourself(oily greasy clothes) off with your pcp tank air will do it, but for sure compressed oxygen from a tank will do so for sure.

who wants to be a myth buster?

I say show me. And provide video please.😄

I'll relate an incident from the early 90's when I was still active in my office. One day the office building shook. Since a major street ran right behind the building, I thought that someone had ran into the building with a vehicle. Looked out the back and saw nothing unusual. Then the physician's nurse from next door came running in saying they needed some help across the parking lot. A fellow had washed his greasy clothes and shop rags in the laundromat and after he put them in the dryer there was enough vapor left to ignite. Blew all the windows out of the laundromat, destroyed several machines, and 3 people who were sitting inside by those front windows were thrown out onto the sidewalk. After that, I don't take chances with combustibles.