Ohio pyramyd air

Talk about high scope mounts. Wow.:) 

I guess this eliminates the need to bend down and rest your face on the stock. I wonder how many clicks it would have taken to get the scope vertically aligned to the Barrel. 

I am interested to know why you did this TED. I am thinking it's got something to do with using a camera and shooting through that OR enabling a point and shoot technique OR increasing ones speed during the speed shootout OR eliminating parallax OR something crazy that no one's thought of yet. :) :) 

It is very common to use high rise mounts in Pistol Silhouette competition higher than what is on Ted's rifle in that picture Google Ken Light manufacturing scope mounts. The advantage with a pistol is moving your 2 hands apart for better stabilized hold rifle scopes are then used. I have one of his 3 or 4" rise mounts for my Thompson Contender. I used to have a 5 or 6" high rise for a rear grip XP-100.

Mike

http://hardairmagazine.com/news/event-news/pyramyd-air-cup-2015-results/

"Ted Bier – of Ted’s Holdover fame – was also at the Pyramyd Air Cup 2015. Here he shows the highly customized FX air rifle that he used in the Gunslinger PCP competition. This design concept Ted used allowed him to reload very rapidly without having to take his eye from the scope. And boy did he shoot fast – he won!"