• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oh YouTube...

This is my second warning! Even after I appealed a ridiculous claim that my "AliExpress Handpump Review and Guide" was violating their "child safety" guideline, they still rejected it and claimed that it was in violation of that guideline. Seriously? I know I sound as if I'm ranting (because I am), but I don't know what to do! I didn't even shoot airguns in that video, all I did was review a hand pump! How is that violating child safety guidelines?!

I would make some kind of joke here but I guess the previous paragraph was already a joke so...

AK

Before you publish your video, have you tried checking the box "this is not for children"? Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I do that on all my videos.

I do, and from what I can tell the “this is for children” setting is only for shows like puppy patrol ;)

In other words, when I turn the setting on (which I did once and then quickly turned it back off) everything on the recommended page was puppy patrol or Barbie. Funny thing is when I turn the setting off my recommend page becomes full of some idiotic music videos with thumbnails that make my eyes sore...

AK

And just when you think you have heard it all, a hand pump. My daughter and I were discussing yesterday that you can't even buy a cap gun in California. There are two twelve year old boys there that just lost there Dad, her uncle, we thought we would make their day and send them some.They will love it. Dad was a man's man. I think we should send a hand pump and maybe turn them into felons. This all falls into just ridiculous!

Eamon

Leave if unpublished, you have to link the video for someone to see it. No one random can search and view it(children) and have it reported (unless some jakbooty you showed it it does
1f611.svg
)

I have quite a few videos "unlisted" that have not ben filtered "for children" for atleast 10yrs.

Well I’m trying to grow a YouTube Chanel so that won’t work...

Also I think it’s the computers finding it and not people reporting it.

AK

Yeah, what happened to freedom of speech. I mean, YT protects those that prey on children, but sensors anything related to a hobby???

Freedom of speech? Its a private company they can do whatever they want.

Well not quite.

There are several "legal actions" going on with YT. If they are a public forum that is one thing, if they are a publisher they are another.....YT wants to be both and that will not work.

If you are really interested look it up yourself and don't rely on what some fool says on a BB gun forum, but in a nutshell.

A publisher has total control over what is published for public to read, they pay people for content and have total control over that content, can decide if they want it on their platform.

A forum is just a place for people to toss stuff against the wall and let the bits fall as they may. The company that hosts the "forum" is not responsible for said content, they just host the platform....this is how places that are "real hate" think stormfront and the like get by.

This is a VERY general layout on how things are, youtube wants to be both but they clearly fall into one of the groups a bit more.....it is up to the courts to decide. And the courts in the different countries will likely have different rulings.....think the slingshot guy and the EU.

It is fun to watch, and other platforms have tried to get up and going full30 being one....but YT is THE platform people go to.

Or just liberals liberals liberals. Liberals are anti free speech. I used to live in the Bay Area and all of big tech is of one monolithic ideology, and that ideology is anti whatever you are.

Brining it back to Airguns and providing a solution, I’d find another video hosting platform where you can share the link and not give to the YouTube Platform, especially since YouTube will only get tougher on our hobby and eventually get rid of our videos.