• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Oh The Misery Of Waiting

Got my money paid on a new gun and now an unknown wait time. I won’t say which brand or retailer. How many people are in my boat. It’s killing me. Lol
I was, waited 14 months for one and I am not a patient person. It finally came last October and it was worth the wait. Hang in there!

Reactions: jawshunting
I've been burned in the past, like many others. I will no longer pay for a production item unless it is ready to ship, airguns or otherwise. In some instances, I will put down a reasonable deposit if it's an obscure item from a very reputable seller. Of course, this pertains to standard production items, not custom-made items that are being made for me alone.

This whole "pre-ordering" mode is a poor form of business in my opinion. And I encourage everyone to avoid it. Hopefully it will disappear at some point and we can go back to the normalcy of exchanging money for goods instead of exchanging our money for months and sometimes years of email excuses and unreturned phone calls.

Got my money paid on a new gun and now an unknown wait time. I won’t say which brand or retailer. How many people are in my boat. It’s killing me. Lol
As I get older I find that the days, weeks, years fly by and my death becomes closer. Waiting for a item to ship seems to slow down the days. I tend to buy back ordered products to slow down my life.

Getting older my patients for waiting has become better. BUT….. wait on the 3 letter busy people to tell me I can have what I’ve already paid for. 🤬🤬. I was fine with the 10 to 180 days. I learned how to count at a young age and from August 8th till now just not adding up right. 2 months till my trip. 🤞🏼

Getting older my patients for waiting has become better. BUT….. wait on the 3 letter busy people to tell me I can have what I’ve already paid for. 🤬🤬. I was fine with the 10 to 180 days. I learned how to count at a young age and from August 8th till now just not adding up right. 2 months till my trip. 🤞🏼
I agree with that. If they actually take the money then two months is my limit. Where I back order from doesn't actually charge you until they ship. I'm not giving out interest free one year loans.

The last time I did the wait game for anything was two years ago when I wanted to update my archery equipment.
Major maker had a hot new bow out and everybody had to have one. The maker did a great job of hyping the bow and anticipation was high. My usual shop had two demos that you could shoot then put your name on the list. I was told two months which turned into longer and then they started charging deposits.
I am not a patient person so went to another local shop to see what other options were available and lo and behold!! There on the rack were a dozen of what I had been waiting over two months for.
Screw that, I had given the other shop over a decade of loyalty and then I find out they could get the bows, they just wanted to wait until they had enough for whatever tiered discount, prepaid freight and not having to sit on inventory they could wrangle.
I have not been back in the old shop since. many of their customers did the same. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I saw it happening with air guns and refused to partake. I need no toy that badly.

to me it all depends on the item in question.
I agree about production models. No sense in waiting for something you can probably find at another dealer.
Our local dealership finally received only 7 allotments for custom orders for the 2023 Bronco. They were kind enough to remember that when
we bought the smaller Bronco Sport, we mentioned wanting the full size when available. They called yesterday, so I ordered one with the bells and whistles
that my wife likes. Should be here in 4-6 months. Just in time for her birthday.
This type of custom order I do not mind waiting for.

Doc

I've been burned in the past, like many others. I will no longer pay for a production item unless it is ready to ship, airguns or otherwise. In some instances, I will put down a reasonable deposit if it's an obscure item from a very reputable seller. Of course, this pertains to standard production items, not custom-made items that are being made for me alone.

This whole "pre-ordering" mode is a poor form of business in my opinion. And I encourage everyone to avoid it. Hopefully it will disappear at some point and we can go back to the normalcy of exchanging money for goods instead of exchanging our money for months and sometimes years of email excuses and unreturned phone calls.
Sparty, I know you already know this, but I am just putting it out for general thought and discussion: Pre-orders let the retailer know how many units to order from the warehouse/factory. It maximizes sales for the retailer, and ensures each customer has the best chance of getting their product in the quickest time. No retailer wants to end up with alot of over-stocked items that he must later sell at bargain basement prices. As always, American business is based on supply and demand which is the most efficient system for bother the seller and the buyer. Pre-orders also affect manufacturer efficiency and output. Supply and demand is the best idea for an efficient business model.