Oh Happy Days. Unbelievable what people can do to bring Hapiness

Augie, you da MAN!!! From what I know of you it's nothing less than what I'd expect. From day one when we made contact you've been a generous & caring friend. What a GREAT thing to do. That being said, I've had 100 tins of .30 pellets, a Delta Blue Wolf, 60 cartons of cigarettes, & a '58 Corvette stolen from me. GET TO WORK! I'll call you in 5 months. 

Gerry (God bless you & your wife! )

I just saw this . . . truly amazing on so many levels, Augie!

For someone to serve his country in the armed forces then get his dream rifles stolen is sickening but it's incredible that you would go through so much effort to right that wrong . . . and to do so while dealing with major surgery. You are an awesome guy and truly a great friend. Surely you made Matt's year and this is something he'll remember, always.

Great story - thank you for sharing! 

Nice job Augie, so glad that you made it happen for Matt. I was kind of in the middle of most of the fiasco and I know how stressed out everyone was over the whole ordeal. And like a lot already mentioned we have a great group here on AGN. Thanks to all that made it happen. Oh and BTW, I was out shooting in the back yard today with my brand spanking new Delta Wolf, went in the house for just a minute and can you believe, when I came out some one had taken my Delta and hit the road. See what you can do to replace it buddy, thanks in advance... oh, I had both of them out there too, lol. 

Jimmy

What an amazing story! I'm so blessed to be part of this community and to have better friends here, than in my personal life, I have great friends that I don't even know personally but I know are sincere and with a great heart. This story is amazing!

This is what is all about! 

Thanks once again for working so hard and making this a dream come true! 

I just saw this . . . truly amazing on so many levels, Augie!

For someone to serve his country in the armed forces then get his dream rifles stolen is sickening but it's incredible that you would go through so much effort to right that wrong . . . and to do so while dealing with major surgery. You are an awesome guy and truly a great friend. Surely you made Matt's year and this is something he'll remember, always.

Great story - thank you for sharing!

Thank you Yen and all the others. I’m only quoting Yen because he had mentioned my surgery. I am looking at a four level fusion with titanium rods and anchors from C4 to T1, and I’m already fused with the same hardware from T9 down to tailbone. It is considered a non optional surgery as my spinal cord in that area is pinched off almost 80%, which is causing hand and arm numbness, migraines, and a loss of balance.

So all that’s left from a complete 2 x 4 like spine is the untouched areas of T2 to T8, or around the level of your collar bone to your diaphragm. I was all geared for it yesterday, and thru some insurance politics, the insurance company denied paying for a procedure that my Dr came up with at the last moment that meant a second incision. So I’m on hold for a bit. Hopefully in two weeks. I’ll definitely be taller when it’s all said and done, ha ha! Maybe I’ll dominate in some shoot out that’s in the prone position, as I’ll definitely be inline with the rifle!

But I thought I’d check in here and thank everyone that replied. Just like the offensive line that never gets thanked enough in a super bowl victory, i again wanted to thank all those listed on the poster board that assisted me in pulling this off.