• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Oh DRAT, made a small mistake <---- understatement

Thought I'd be clever and clean two barrel(guns) that were absolutely perfect, really didn't take much about 6 or 10 patches each, nice and clean. went out to test them....OH damn, the Maverick .25 was off a mile at 25 yards, ok maybe I rotated the barrel 180º, I put it on slug where I thought it was, elevation was off over a full turn MOA, got it back close and almost ok, still not as close as before I did something STUPID. Next up, the .22 Maverick Compact, off a little bit and went from laser to throwing rocks. I'm hoping that I can foul up the barrels enough to get them back , a few thousand pellets should do the job. After about 70 pellets/slugs each things started to get a tad better but not the Minute of Squirrel at 100 yards they were at. Note to self....IF IT AIN'T BROKE....DON'T FIX IT.

Two years ago I lapped/polished a .22 HW35E barrel that I was having trouble with. It went from pretty bad to "Oh my God what have I done?!?" The gun was stringing 4" groups at 30yds when I finished. Over the next 200 shots that 4" slowly shrunk down to half inch where it sits now. Haven't cleaned it since and accuracy has remained the same.

Long story short, just give it time. Your babies will be back on target sooner than later.

Two years ago I lapped/polished a .22 HW35E barrel that I was having trouble with. It went from pretty bad to "Oh my God what have I done?!?" The gun was stringing 4" groups at 30yds when I finished. Over the next 200 shots that 4" slowly shrunk down to half inch where it sits now. Haven't cleaned it since and accuracy has remained the same.

Long story short, just give it time. Your babies will be back on target sooner than later.
I most certainly hope so. I'm thinking on my .25 I rotated 180º, it's not 'bad' but not 1 Minute of Squirrel which is where it was. Tomorrow I'll have to fire up my radar and see what's happening.

Ok, now that my head has been pulled from my butt, rotated the .25 VP barrel around to pellet from slug. NOW it is back to MOS with my FX/RMR 26gr slugs or JSB 33.95 pellets, was just getting too much air, weird how that works. As an FYI, I run a slug probe, it seems to be a touch more consistent for me, YMMV.

Messed a touch with the Mav. .22 compact, it's getting better, ran about 50 pellets/slugs through it and appears to be tightening up, a few flyers on the slugs but speeds are right so I'll see what happens after another 4 mags....using pellets, then check with 22gr slugs.

FX has updated their Pocket Chronograph app.

Thought I'd be clever and clean two barrel(guns) that were absolutely perfect, really didn't take much about 6 or 10 patches each, nice and clean. went out to test them....OH damn, the Maverick .25 was off a mile at 25 yards, ok maybe I rotated the barrel 180º, I put it on slug where I thought it was, elevation was off over a full turn MOA, got it back close and almost ok, still not as close as before I did something STUPID. Next up, the .22 Maverick Compact, off a little bit and went from laser to throwing rocks. I'm hoping that I can foul up the barrels enough to get them back , a few thousand pellets should do the job. After about 70 pellets/slugs each things started to get a tad better but not the Minute of Squirrel at 100 yards they were at. Note to self....IF IT AIN'T BROKE....DON'T FIX IT.
I have over 2000 rounds through my panthera hunter I got a month ago and have NEVER cleaned the barrel and it has been very accurate since day one.