FX OG Impact Help!!! What bushing is this?????

Gumby31

Dec 13, 2016
TN.
Hay guys haven't been here in a while. I have a OG impact. I was out shooting yesterday and POP!!!!! Air starts leaking out the side hole (by the safety) I have shot tens of thousands of rounds with not any real problems. I thought it might something wrong with the reg went to remove the trigger and there was a little Bushing inside where the trigger catches the hammer hold. Do you have any idea where it came from? It seams to be a darrilon bushing. not an o ring. Here is a pic. Thanks in advance..

View attachment 411994

Last edited:
69A8AC54-9915-4157-A12E-21B83C5BC2E0.jpeg

The reg was all together. I did take it apart nothing seamed to be wrong there. This bushing was sitting under the trigger plate.cover. had to come from above where the hammer is???? I have been poring over the exploded view o FX's web page I just don't see it.....Tough to get a new one when I don't know where ti came from. here is where it was sitting when I opened it up.

Ok think I getting to the bottom of some of my troubles. Here is what I got so far that bushing is on the the valve rod in front of the hammer The entire front of the valve rod came unscrewed and buggered the adjuster body (not the cap) still need the new darrilon bushing. I should have never took the reg apart now that is leaking....LOL never did before. but I am on the right track, where is the best place to find the parts? I bought the gun Used on here in 2017. So I am open to any suggestions. Might as well get rid of the crapy OG FX gages. and an entire o ring kit. Thoughts????

If I were you, being it’s an old impact and I’m sure it’s long overdue for a re seal, you got two choices-
Go to any of these two vendors- utah AIRGUNS or Cape Fear AIRGUNS, and buy an mk1 o ring kit, in which you only have enough o rings to seal it one time, or go to fx’s website and click on product support and print out the parts diagram. FX lists every o ring for that gun minus the barrel and bottle o ring sizes. You’ll have to go to the barrel section and bottle section for diagrams and sizes for those o rings.

Anyway, list down all o ring sizes and type, then go to oringsandmore.com and order your o rings. You’ll get enough o rings to reseal your gun up to 25 times, and in the end pay less than buying it in kit form.

For polyurethane o rings go to McMaster Carr

@Bigragu Thanks for advise I bought all the o ring bulk when I got the gun. can't seem to find the package LOL it been 6 years. Might just get 2 sets from Utah or cape fear. Witch ever one has good gauges. Might look at a MK3 This gun has treated me well for a long time. I mostly shoot it in 25Cal but have the 22 and 30 barrel also. It is almost a full time job keeping Just the problematic tree rats at bay. I do... some what... come by to check the classifieds.

I have only two airguns but I was servicing friends rifles as well. I started building a spreadsheet years ago, today I have well over a thousand orings sorted by the guns and bottles and compressor. If I loose that spreadsheet that would be a bigger problem then loosing my cellphone contacts ;)
Agreed. If someone was standing over a fire with my iPhone and my airgun notebook then said choose one to burn, I would be on my way to the Verizon store for a new phone.

Reactions: Gumby31
OK....... Impact is back up and shooting...... When I removed the reg that caused a Huge problem (Leak) out the vent, The O-ring that needed to be done In this case was the one in the rear block. I consider my self very handy.... and can do almost any thing...... but that booger was a pain.......took me close to 6 hours to remove it And an hour to get back in.. The rest were easy the rear block under the gauge put up a good fight. I look at it this way I now have EVERY O-Ring Pic known to man. and 2 customizable bendable picks.....LOL Oh and a headlight magnifier.....Hat/visor thing. I wish this repair on NO ONE not even the guys that do it for a living. LOL

Reactions: Ranchibi
OK....... Impact is back up and shooting...... When I removed the reg that caused a Huge problem (Leak) out the vent, The O-ring that needed to be done In this case was the one in the rear block. I consider my self very handy.... and can do almost any thing...... but that booger was a pain.......took me close to 6 hours to remove it And an hour to get back in.. The rest were easy the rear block under the gauge put up a good fight. I look at it this way I now have EVERY O-Ring Pic known to man. and 2 customizable bendable picks.....LOL Oh and a headlight magnifier.....Hat/visor thing. I wish this repair on NO ONE not even the guys that do it for a living. LOL
Nice work...remember, a battle too easily won is too easily forgotten....JK...nice work and great patience!

• Haha
Reactions: Gumby31
Nice work...remember, a battle too easily won is too easily forgotten....JK...nice work and great patience!
LOL....... Right.......The kit from Utah Air same with a New valve seat witch mine was in 2 pieces (broke) and a new valve rod. so I am glad I went with there kit rather than Just O-Rings. I did do all of them and upgraded to wiki gauges. and got a new valve adjuster. I don't think that was bad for 6 years of shooting...... It is the second time the gun has had O-Rings I did do a few of them when I got it.in the first month I bought it used here. Had a real small leak out the barrel. As I am working on the gun this trouble maker shows up...... right outside the door watching me fix his death stick...LOL almost like they Know....
F761EF54-B64E-4678-89B5-FA6689976709.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchibi