Officially retired as of last Friday

• Thread starter Deleted member 47391
  • Start date
Congrats on the retirement! I did it a little over a year ago and love it. The funny thing is that I actually shoot less now than I did when I was working . . . I figure I did a lot of it (pretty much daily) for stress relief; now much less stress translates into less shooting. Don't get me wrong - it is still a major hobby, and I still spend a lot of time with it, but less of it is actually just sending lead downrange . . . .

Reactions: CrackShotStan
Thanks everyone, very much appreciated for sure. Money is going to be extremely tight because I didn't invest in 401k and all that smart stuff. Just relying on my SS, my wife's SS and her small government job pension. So stupid to pay taxes on our SS that we paid taxes to get but nuff said about that otherwise.....

Otherwise I'd much rather use that double tax to purchase PCP stuff.

Ok, I did invest but not in 401K, instead I invested in precious metals, lead. From .177 to .50 and every cal in-between. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned

Congratulations on your retirement!

My retirement date was November 1, 2019. Enjoying it throughly. I bought my first PCP shortly thereafter (a Prod) and am up to 5 now. Shot a little this morning before it started raining. Shot my best 30 yard challenge score with my 177 yesterday. Working on a wood stock for one of my P35s too. There is always enough to do but not everything that needs done is fun. That part did not change, just more time for the things that are fun.