Officially retired as of last Friday

• Thread starter Deleted member 47391
  • Start date
Congratulations! I do not plan to ever stop working but two years ago I did leave my previous career path. I made a list of five "fun" jobs I wanted to have before they burry me in the ground. I am having fun with the first one right now. When I grow tired of it, I will switch to the next fun job. I have a lot of interests so I will never be bored. Over the winter, I bought two Gamo guns at a fundraiser. Once the weather gets a little nicer, I want to get into this hobby.

It would suck immensely if you was stuck in one job, i have changed jobs often.
Actually my first education as a Machinist, well i got that in 1987, and it was 2006 before i directly used that education.
Mind you it have been a stepping stone to other educations and jobs, for instance if it was not for that, well i would never have worked in the merchant marine as a sailor, and even engineer on smaller ships.

Never limit yourself,,,,,, also meaning dont get a too expensive house and car ASO, CUZ that will limit you taking a lesser paying job, or maybe start to travel for / with work as i did, of course the wife and children thing,,,,,, well i have no personal experience but i recon it put a damper on things too.

Same with music, when i was young there was only heavy rock.
Now my palette stretch from Metallica to Mozart, and from Janis joplin to acoustic Spanish music, i got Zydeco i got Blues and what not, the main thing is much of it " rock " me profoundly.

EDIT: The longest i have been in the same job was 5 years, mind you it was also my best job ever, and i would still have been there / triet hard to at least if it was not for the Politicians here ruining that job for me with their damn Bridge building halo projects.

Well Booze i gave up on doing on a regular basis over 25 years ago, but in the name of you have to be intoxicated in some way, i did carry on with week for another 2 decades. and in 2014 or so i also gave that up, and the death sticks ( Cigarettes )

Hookers. Well as a sailor even if this was in the modern age, well i had my chances, but i can proudly say that " i did not do that "
Airguns. Well it is a fairly new addiction, i assume it too like Dashcams will slowly fizzle out, even if i have threaded to get out of the dashcam scene for 4-5 years now, and i am still there.

Mind you a glass or more ( not that many ) of Single malt on new years evening, well i can and will do that, even if my M8 which i usually spend that day is a Bourbon guy.
Most times though, well around 10 in the evening i have to change to sodas for a few hours, or this old and tired guy get too far out.

As a kid, well 10 beers ( 33 cl ) and a half bottle of snaps ( 40 % ) and also 33cl. well that i could hold and not make too much of a fool of myself, and even ride my moped or bicycle home.
These days i have to be careful not stepping on any beer caps on the ground or i will get " tipsy "
But when i was 16-17-18-19-20 well i could hold my liqur like guys 2 X my size ( Danish kids generally start early with alcohol and are often seasoned drinkers by the age of 18 )

Well Booze i gave up on doing on a regular basis over 25 years ago, but in the name of you have to be intoxicated in some way, i did carry on with week for another 2 decades. and in 2014 or so i also gave that up, and the death sticks ( Cigarettes )

Hookers. Well as a sailor even if this was in the modern age, well i had my chances, but i can proudly say that " i did not do that "
Airguns. Well it is a fairly new addiction, i assume it too like Dashcams will slowly fizzle out, even if i have threaded to get out of the dashcam scene for 4-5 years now, and i am still there.

Mind you a glass or more ( not that many ) of Single malt on new years evening, well i can and will do that, even if my M8 which i usually spend that day is a Bourbon guy.
Most times though, well around 10 in the evening i have to change to sodas for a few hours, or this old and tired guy get too far out.

As a kid, well 10 beers ( 33 cl ) and a half bottle of snaps ( 40 % ) and also 33cl. well that i could hold and not make too much of a fool of myself, and even ride my moped or bicycle home.
These days i have to be careful not stepping on any beer caps on the ground or i will get " tipsy "
But when i was 16-17-18-19-20 well i could hold my liqur like guys 2 X my size ( Danish kids generally start early with alcohol and are often seasoned drinkers by the age of 18 )
welcome to the " everyday is a weekend now club " and i think you will find that money go's a lot farther in retirement , amazing how much money it cost to go to work .

welcome to the " everyday is a weekend now club " and i think you will find that money go's a lot farther in retirement , amazing how much money it cost to go to work .
Congrats! We'll earned I'm sure.
I just semi retired in Nov. 22 stayed with current employer but work part time less then 25 hrs a week if I go over due to some travel I get comp days and extend my play time. Previously my job was on the road 3 weeks a month. Home weekends. Now travel is limited. Truly blessed. I'm on ss and can make as much as I want plus Medicare

My early retirement pension are actually a lot higher than the actual pension, though buy them you also get eligible for a lot more stuff from the state ( isent that funny how it can underwrite itself like that )
Personally if i was the dictator here, i would never ask such a horrible price of my people.

But the pension have not been regulated in regard to the current more expensive times to live, and some even like me feel that too, personally i get along just fine. but yeah if i still had a live at home child, and maybe steep medicine costs, then i would probably feel it more.

My current pension are just shy of 2000 USD /mo after tax, which in the US might not be much as you would also have to pay towards health insurance and what not ( i assume ) in Denmark the nanny state take care of that ( not for free of course ) but they grab their part before i ever see my stash.

After paying rent and insurance ASO i have +1000 USD a month to live for ( food / gasoline for the car / slugs ASO )
I would still kill for the dirt cheap gasoline Americans have ( about 7 USD/gal here at the moment, which are actually cheap )

I am fortunate i dont have to drive much, i visit my old mother and shop for her 2 times a week, my friends place are like 1 mile from there, and now my Niece also live a mile from there, and i assume even if they are horse owners, old Uncle can still find a place to shoot a little in case his M8 die again.
My friend had like 12 heart attacks / deaths in 45 minutes a decade or so ago, so while i am not razor sharp anymore due to age, my M8 are about as sharp as a spoon.
So i only use about 150 USD / mo of gasoline in my little Suzuki car, which are a POS no American would even see his worst enemy in, but ! here it is just a price for the " honor " of being Danish, so buy 1 car pay the price of 2
But for me it is okay, i do not identify with my car, it is just a way to not walk or god forbid take public transportation.
I call it " my little red lightning " and lightning come from me comparing to the time things would take if i had to walk or bicycle,,,, both things i cant really do any more without risking ending up as my M8