• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters
Why are you using a MicroBore hose to fill off of your compressor??
With the high volume of Air Flow, this would be a serious restriction!!
So blowing your safety valve would be expected!!
How are trying to fill your Bottle??
I fill using DIN connection on my Alkins fill hose assembly connected directly to my tank...

Reactions: rcs9250
I fill using DIN connection on my Alkins fill hose assembly connected directly to my tank...

@Ca_Varminter Damn good question. I’ve been wondering this myself.

• Haha
Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Ditto. My Alkin came with a female Foster. I immediately switched it to a 300 bar DIN. Available from Alkin New Jersey.

No, don't have the space for such a nice compressor unfortunately. Went with the GX-CS4.
@F6Hawk This is a thread dedicated to discussing Alkin compressors. For questions about the GX CS4 I suggest that you try asking questions in one of the various GX compressor threads. You should be able to get better answers to questions about that compressor by doing so.

My question was about hoses/whips, not compressors. The CS4 should be fine with a microbore, I get that, but I want to source larger diameter hoses, which aren't really needed for the smaller compressors.
Not sure if you located a source. Breathing Air Systems in Ohio would be able to set you up. But you might check with your local fire department there in FL and see where they get their high pressure air supplies from, it might be local.

My question was about hoses/whips, not compressors. The CS4 should be fine with a microbore, I get that, but I want to source larger diameter hoses, which aren't really needed for the smaller compressors.
what part of Florida are you in?.. that would help to source what you are looking for. Down in Miami we have many places you can stop in and order from.

Getting back to Alkin business! :cool:

Has anyone upgraded their filter system? There is a thread on the scuba forum where one of the guys upgraded to a different style to make sure it's super dry air Filling up his scuba air tanks.

I'm running the stock filter currently, and did a rebuilt the stock cartridge a little while ago = very difficult and took me almost 1 hour to complete properly. I don't recomend anyone do it.

Next time, I'll just buy a ready to go cartridge from alkin to drop in as it's probably much easier and faster.

Reactions: Scotty1
Getting back to Alkin business! :cool:

I'm running the stock filter currently, and did a rebuilt the stock cartridge a little while ago = very difficult and took me almost 1 hour to complete properly. I don't recomend anyone do it.

Next time, I'll just buy a ready to go cartridge from alkin to drop in as it's probably much easier and faster.
It took you an Hour to recharge your Purifier filter cartridge??????
It should take 20 min Max.....
Here is the Purifier Unit:
purifier.jpg

Unscrew the top of the Purifier, then withdraw the cap with the Purifier cartridge..
purifier-apart.jpg

Then it just a matter of disassembly of disposing of the used molecular sieve and charcoal.
purifierparts.jpg

Then just reverse the process.....
Here is cross-sectional view of the Purifier Cartridge...
purifier%20diag.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Has anyone upgraded their filter system? There is a thread on the scuba forum where one of the guys upgraded to a different style to make sure it's super dry air Filling up his scuba air tanks.
To Answer your first question.....Why??
The Purifier filter unit is a very efficient Coalescing filter...
Since it is producing Breathable Rate Air(Grade E)...This requires a very low moisture (ppm) content.
This to insure the SCUBA Regulator doesn't ice up and fail!!!!

BTW, If you are not Worried about "Breathing" quality air..
To go little bit longer between recharges of the Purifier filter...
You can Replace the Activated Charcoal with more Molecular Sieve material...

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
What does the auto condensation drain do and is it worth $750 extra?

Trying to figure it out before I pull the trigger.
Basically it saves you from having to open and close a few valves manually, as well as bleeding them every so often (I have the auto drain, so I don't recall the recommended interval). If I had it to do over again, I would not pay the extra for the auto drain features - it's a great feature if you're filling tank after tank, but for just topping one or two tanks it's completely unnecessary.

GsT

What does the auto condensation drain do and is it worth $750 extra?

Trying to figure it out before I pull the trigger.
Not worth the extra $$$$$...
Unless you are fill center doing multiple fills using Multiple Storage Tanks...
Since you should Not fill your tanks UnAttended.... Purging the the Moisture traps is a no brainer...
I usually drain them more than needed... about every 15 min...I like to keep things dry...
But everyone has their Own routines.......

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
After eleven trouble free years my Shelden compressor died, I think I paid 1600 for it don't really remember, I have read all the china crap, 600 here and a 1000 there and it lasted three years , I did not want the headache, I have three big bottles (GREAT WHITE) and a little pony bottle, Ten upper class air guns .
I sucked it up and opened up my savings account and popped down 4,300 bucks for the ALKIN.
Topped off two bottles today and found out I have the auto shut off at 4500 psi, Its super quite and fills fast, I am going to be shooting for a long time now.
I have two big fans I used to run on my Shelden to keep it very cool, I am sure the W31 Alkin don't need them , But keeping it cool won't hurt,
Mike