Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
Took the plunge today and decided to get the w31 vertical. They are a little over an hour away so it was worth the trip and saved some shipping. No clue how it works as they had a worker be there so I could pick up on off hours so time to do alot of reading and watch some videos.
20230610_123843.jpg
20230610_123854.jpg

Congrats on your purchase. And don't worry, they are very easy to operate. However, read the manual and ask us here on the forum if you need any help. As you know, you are dealing with very high pressure. Better to be safe than sorry. Again congrats and I feel sorry for your wallet 'cuz you are going to buying a lot of pellets and slugs. :)
:):)
Oh I have the ammo and the pcps just finally had enough of the heng.

Took the plunge today and decided to get the w31 vertical. They are a little over an hour away so it was worth the trip and saved some shipping. No clue how it works as they had a worker be there so I could pick up on off hours so time to do alot of reading and watch some videos.View attachment 363502View attachment 363503
Congrats! Your gonna have some nice clean air on tap!

Took the plunge today and decided to get the w31 vertical. They are a little over an hour away so it was worth the trip and saved some shipping. No clue how it works as they had a worker be there so I could pick up on off hours so time to do alot of reading and watch some videos.View attachment 363502View attachment 363503
Congrats, that part of your life just got much easier and more secure!

I learned 10 or more years ago if I was going to stay in the sport and have fun I was going to have drop money on a good compressor, There were no china ones back then that I know of , In my area to fill my great white tank it was like 35 to 45 dollars and took hours to do it,I once dropped off my tank at the front of the shop and went around the building to pay, as I came back around the guys had two 3 foot monkey wrench tightening the valve screws up, YES I screamed at them IDIOTS. I lucked out and bought a Sheldon compressor , If it ever gives me any trouble or cant be fixed I will have a ALKIN, I always watch the sales and the prices go up, But being in the Midland/Odessa area , I will have to get one.
Mike

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I would appreciate if someone would link a short detailed video showing the preferred method of filling a cylinder from start to finish to include a step-by-step example of making connections and what sequence valves are opened/closed ect.!
I t’s not a video but it’s the procedure I have been using since I bought my Alkin vertical.
I just recently read on AGN that I think I may start adding to my procedure.
Rather than turn the compressor off at step 10 I will open the two separator bleeds and continue running compressor for maybe three minutes which purportedly dries out the first and second stage chambers.
When you open the two bleeders, compression stops so there’s no huge rush to close the tank valve at step 11.
It would be up to you if you want to do the new procedure I may be trying.
The Alkin video on youtube does not show the alternate procedure I described.

ALKIN TANK FILLING
1. Open both water separator bleeders.
2. Close drier bleeder if open.
3. Connect whip to tank.
4. Open fill whip valve. Valve lever will be in line with fill whip hose when open.
5. Open tank valve.
6. Start compressor.
7. Close separator bleeders when compressor is at full speed.
8. Crack separator bleeders every 10 minutes of run time.
9. Fill tank to desired PSI.
10. Turn off compressor when tank is full.
11. Close tank valve.
12. Slowly close whip lever. Whip valve bleeds air between tank connection and whip valve.
13. Disconnect tank.
14. Bleed whip slowly and carefully with fill whip valve lever.
15. Open separator bleeders. Drain drier if desired.

What plug type would you choose/recommend if you were running power to a new structure? I have a NEMA 6-30/50 3-prong left over from another project that I never ended up using… I assume that is suitable as long as I use the correct (20A/30A?) breaker on the circuit?
Im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I appreciate the additional input. Anything else you would suggest that I may need during install please share recommendations. Thanks!

What plug type would you choose/recommend if you were running power to a new structure? I have a NEMA 6-30/50 3-prong left over from another project that I never ended up using… I assume that is suitable as long as I use the correct (20A/30A?) breaker on the circuit?
Im just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I appreciate the additional input. Anything else you would suggest that I may need during install please share recommendations. Thanks!
That plug is entirely acceptable for your Alkin. And as you mentioned, it will be on the proper sized breaker.

Reactions: Hangtown-Shooter