Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
I don't remember if we covered this. Maybe someone can chime in.

Do we still need to change the filter/oil if we don't put the hours on it each year?
Yes this was covered I believe within the first four pages of this thread

Just look at page 2. I inquired about it, you also wanted to know, then an Alkin rep piped in

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I've had mine for several years and no issues so far. I'm still just now coming up on the filter service. Where are you guys getting your oil and filters from? I remember I bought mine from a place in Texas? from Bruce? Can anyone refresh my memory since I've lost their contact information and I'm drawing a blank?

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I've had mine for several years and no issues so far. I'm still just now coming up on the filter service. Where are you guys getting your oil and filters from? I remember I bought mine from a place in Texas? from Bruce? Can anyone refresh my memory since I've lost their contact information and I'm drawing a blank?
Another member on AGN turned me on to Filter Techs. See link below. Best price on oil. I don’t know current price. I bought 1 gallon of Seco Lube 800 Tri Blend Synthetic Lubricant.

@Badgerfarm I ordered oil and filter media directly from the Alkin hub in New Jersey.

Bruce from the old Airetex place maybe?
I do not know if he is still around.

I ordered the supplies from Alkin. I did not feel like cross referencing part numbers and buying 'equivalent' parts, so I stayed with factory parts.
Filtertechs is a good place, and they have quality materials, but I bought from Alkin and would like them to stay in business, so I supported them instead.

I found the contact info for Airetex and Bruce's email address but the website is no longer maintained. Thanks for the reminder Chuck.
I have the Airetex W45 compressor which is still shown on the remains of the website. I guess like so many other businesses they have
faded into history.
No problem my friend.

I remember him being active back about 3 or 4 years ago, but have heard naught about him for quite some time.
I believe that he still had inventory when I bought my Alkin, but I bought from a local dealer.

I found the contact info for Airetex and Bruce's email address but the website is no longer maintained. Thanks for the reminder Chuck.
I have the Airetex W45 compressor which is still shown on the remains of the website. I guess like so many other businesses they have
faded into history.
@Badgerfarm As far as I can tell Airtex went out of business some years back. I believe I’ve read of someone reaching out to Bruce via Facebook a few years ago. Dunno if he responded. And I just realized someone beat me to responding about this company….Anyhow, Alkin in NJ is good to go.

One thing that’s good to mention while I’m thinking about is this - If you are looking for a high-quality compressor, it’s good to ask the distributor(s) where the nearest service center is in relation to you the user. When I was shopping around and someone suggested airtex I thought that was great because I could drive my unit in for servicing if needed. I did find out that there’s a service center that can work on my Alkin within a few hours drive. That was a great selling point for me in the event that something goes wrong that’s above my ability to repair.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a the instruction manual for an Airetex 45? I had mine out several weeks ago in order to do a service and now I can't find it.:(
Of course that's typical for my workshop these days. If you have a manual available could I use it to make a copy of or whatever works for you?
I would be happy to pay for the postage both ways. Thanks again.