Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
The Alkin W31 (and customer support) is everything it’s cranked up to be and more.

So now I have a spare SCBA tank that I could sell - or I could hobble together a few parts and have always available, clean, regulated air for workbench and portable tool needs.

Works like a champ.

F163ADBD-570B-42A8-8729-78C3773EE055.jpeg
1ACBC676-E220-4DF2-9FAD-D05D73088C8A.jpeg

The regulator is $275. All connections are female 1/4 NPT, so you can use any gauges you want, I picked a couple Wikas. To connect to your tank (my tank above is DIN) you need either DIN to 1/4 NPT male or CGA to 1/4 NPT male (if your tank valve is CGA).

I ended up getting the parts from August Industries. I shopped on-line and surprisingly they are 20 minutes from me. (Nice people and everything in stock.)

Yes, it’s a bit overkill since I also have a shop compressor; but I don’t leave it filled because it rusts the tank. It’s just nice to have always available clean, dry, regulated air available at the bench. Plus, it’ll be nice for small portable jobs with precisely regulated air that meets any tool pressure requirement.

(And it’s just damn cool - though my wife gave me the typical “you’re kidding, right?” look when I told her we don’t need those little Costco compressed air cans anymore.)

Last edited:
The regulator is $275. All connections are female 1/4 NPT, so you can use any gauges you want, I picked a couple Wikas. To connect to your tank (my tank above is DIN) you need either DIN to 1/4 NPT male or CGA to 1/4 NPT male (if your tank valve is CGA).

I ended up getting the parts from August Industries. I shopped on-line and surprisingly they are 20 minutes from me. (Nice people and everything in stock.)

Yes, it’s a bit overkill since I also have a shop compressor; but I don’t leave it filled because it rusts the tank. It’s just nice to have always available clean, dry, regulated air available at the bench. Plus, it’ll be nice for small portable jobs with precisely regulated air that meets any tool pressure requirement.

(And it’s just damn cool - though my wife gave me the typical “you’re kidding, right?” look when I told her we don’t need those little Costco compressed air cans anymore.)
Looks like a nice setup. Gonna have to look into that

I hate all of you guys in this thread with your fancy Alkins!!!

I'm trying to tell myself that my new to me Omega Air Charger is good enough...but I'm sure this thread is going to end up costing me about $4k somewhere down the line.

A-holes all of ya's! ;)
Tell me about it — I reached out to Maher last night, see what comes of it. Turns out the NJ Alkin location is less than 30 minutes from me.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I hate all of you guys in this thread with your fancy Alkins!!!

I'm trying to tell myself that my new to me Omega Air Charger is good enough...but I'm sure this thread is going to end up costing me about $4k somewhere down the line.

A-holes all of ya's! ;)
Your omega probably is good enough, but you and I know in time even those fail. They all do, including an Alkin. They’re putting out hard work!

But if you look back 2,3, even back 5 years in compressor threads in this and the GTA forums, how often do you see a post about an Alkin broken down and needing a rebuild? Me personally I’ve never seen one.

I’ll never wrong a person for the compressor he decides to go with, but he/she should understand if they plan on being in this hobby, sport, pcp life, etc for long term, they should invest in something that doesn’t worry you every time you flip the switch on!

I know Alkin’s went up in price on December 1st. With the cost of materials, fuel, etc, just like everything else around us, they’re only gonna keep going up

Your omega probably is good enough, but you and I know in time even those fail. They all do. They’re out to hard work!

But if you look back 2,3, even back 5 years in compressor threads in this and the GTA forums, how often do you see a post about an Alkin broken down and needing a rebuild? Me personally I’ve never seen one.

I’ll never wrong a person for the compressor he decides to go with, but he/she should understand if they plan on being in this hobby, sport, pcp life, etc for long term, they should invest in something that doesn’t worry you every time you flip the switch on!

I know Alkin’s went up in price on December 1st. With the cost of materials, fuel, etc, just like everything else around us, they’re only gonna keep going up
Shut up, Augie! Stop making so much sense...I'm putting my head back in the sand after I finish typing this response!

Reactions: Bigragu
Shut up, Augie! Stop making so much sense...I'm putting my head back in the sand after I finish typing this response!
Ha ha, all kidding aside, now that you’ve gotten the taste of compressor freedom, I’ll bet by end of 2023 you’ll be a part of this thread, posting pics of your new Alkin.

Just refrain from buying the Panthera, the M4 (if it gets released this year) or even one of those Daystate wolves. Heck, before the Alkin prices went up, a fully dressed Daystate Delta Wolf was the cost of a new Alkin.

Besides, those guns end up in the classifieds in short time, anyway

Ha ha, all kidding aside, now that you’ve gotten the taste of compressor freedom, I’ll bet by end of 2023 you’ll be a part of this thread, posting pics of your new Alkin.

Just refrain from buying the Panthera, the M4 (if it gets released this year) or even one of those Daystate wolves. Heck, before the Alkin prices went up, a fully dressed Daystate Delta Wolf was the cost of a new Alkin.

Besides, those guns end up in the classifieds in short time, anyway
I will not take that bet because I'll probably lose. I have zero interest in any of the recently announced or released rifles so nothing is going to make me spend any more money until/unless the M4 starts shipping.

But to your point, I do this with everything I'm interested in...I'll dip my toes in the water at first and try to limit myself to the slightly above average model...which shortly after leads to a slightly higher model and in no time, I'm buying the upper tier stuff because I know I'm never going to be OK with the mid tier stuff. This has happened with everything, everytime so compressors will be no different. I'm sure there'll be an Alkin in my garage at some point - the question is how long I can hold off.

I will not take that bet because I'll probably lose. I have zero interest in any of the recently announced or released rifles so nothing is going to make me spend any more money until/unless the M4 starts shipping.

But to your point, I do this with everything I'm interested in...I'll dip my toes in the water at first and try to limit myself to the slightly above average model...which shortly after leads to a slightly higher model and in no time, I'm buying the upper tier stuff because I know I'm never going to be OK with the mid tier stuff. This has happened with everything, everytime so compressors will be no different. I'm sure there'll be an Alkin in my garage at some point - the question is how long I can hold off.
Sounds like we come from the same mold, lol. There’s no in between half @$$’n it with us

Reactions: yenniedn