Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
I bought my Alkin used about 3 years ago , it's been trouble free except for the on off switch, cheap fix , replaced the filter once , I don't remember how many hrs was on it when I got it, if I'm reading the hr meter right it has 126 hrs on it , it takes approximately 6 min to go from 3k to 4.5k probably run it once every three weeks to fill my tank, when I 1st got into PCPs I bought 2 used dive tanks after a couple of trips to the nearest dive shop I decided to get a dive compressor, found a used nuvair mch6 on ebay .it worked great for 3years then started to smoke on the output line , so started to look for a repair shop ,in the meantime a found a used alkin here on AN , so now I have two dive compressors . Probably should sell one but it's nice having a backup

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I bought my Alkin used about 3 years ago , it's been trouble free except for the on off switch, cheap fix , replaced the filter once , I don't remember how many hrs was on it when I got it, if I'm reading the hr meter right it has 126 hrs on it , it takes approximately 6 min to go from 3k to 4.5k probably run it once every three weeks to fill my tank, when I 1st got into PCPs I bought 2 used dive tanks after a couple of trips to the nearest dive shop I decided to get a dive compressor, found a used nuvair mch6 on ebay .it worked great for 3years then started to smoke on the output line , so started to look for a repair shop ,in the meantime a found a used alkin here on AN , so now I have two dive compressors . Probably should sell one but it's nice having a backup

Hey guys, Iv'e been dragging my feet for a few years now on purchasing a Alkin, after talking to Aydin last week he mentioned a price increase coming up in December I finally bit the bullet. Sure is nice not having to drive a hour in each direction to get my tank filled..
Pete

IMG_20221029_173633702.jpg

Hey guys, Iv'e been dragging my feet for a few years now on purchasing a Alkin, after talking to Aydin last week he mentioned a price increase coming up in December I finally bit the bullet. Sure is nice not having to drive a hour in each direction to get my tank filled..
Pete

View attachment 301772
Congratulations. Money well spent. Aydin is a good guy. Clean dry air at your home.

Reactions: pgk and Ricochet
Pete

View attachment 301772
Looks awesome! Congrats buddy!

Reactions: pgk
I talked to Aydin last wek to get some more information and make sure I would be able to run mine from the dryer outlet. Seems like a really good guy. Got the freight delivery phone call yesterday and mine is being delivered today - so excited.

Regarding the price increase it will be in approx. 1 month and it's a 10% overall increase in prices.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami