Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
I would if it was an option with me. I run mine on concrete. When it's in the third stage of filling it likes to walk a little. It's easy enough to just hold my hand on it or even put a piece of cardboard in front of the wheels and then its fine. Let us know if it does walk on the vinyl.
Do you mean you would run it indoors if it was an option or concrete?

My vertical 31 arrives Tuesday. Question, Does it have to be on concrete or can I use it inside my house. Vinyl covered wood floors. I live in the southeast and it's VERY hot and humid out in the garage, so I would prefer to run it indoors if possible. Thanks.
I have mine on wood floors inside. No issues whatsoever. What I do is I add a towel to where there bleed valves are so when I bleed the air the moisture goes into the towels and once I'm done I wash it. Vibration is there, but doesn't affect my floors at all. The machine does have rubber wheels and rubber stoppers in the front to help with vibration.

Yes, It's 220v electric. I was concerned about vibration on house floor vs concrete slab.
@GA_LeadHead I believe that the manufacturer recommends placing the compressor on a solid and level surface (concrete seems to be ideal). If you’re concerned about excessive vibration loosening anything on the compressor it’s a good idea to periodically check and tighten screws, bolts, and nuts on your compressor. The vibration generated by the running motor shouldn’t damage residential flooring. If it does, I might be more concerned about the quality of the construction of my home as opposed to a vibrating compressor. Vibrate is what they do. If you’re concerned about damaging flooring, consider placing some sort of barrier (plastic, dropcloth, an old table cloth, etc) beneath your compressor. That’s a good idea anyhow because the oil and water mixture that is expelled when you bleed your valves isn’t something I’d think one would want on their home flooring. Running an HPA compressor indoors in a controlled climate is desirable and important when filling expensive guns and SCBA tanks used to fill guns because we ultimately want to charge our airguns with clean dry air. @Skydivingmiami gave some good advice above.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the advice and responses. I've used a Yong Heng (on my second one now) directly filling guns until now. The Alkin arrives Tuesday and a 98cf Air Marksman Tank arrives Wed. There isn't a dive shop within comfortable driving distance from me, so filling big tanks was not an option until my Alkin arrives. Should be a refreshing upgrade to say the least.

Last edited:
My Alkin arrived today. I need some advice on the plug. Mine is 220v and I was planning on using the existing receptacle for my dryer. However, my dryer receptacle takes a 4 prong, 4 wire plug and the Alkin uses 3 wires and a three pronged plug. My dryer receptacle is on its own 30amp dual pole breaker so using this receptacle would save me the cost of hiring an electrician to come out and wire in a new one. I found an dryer cord adapter on amazon to plug a three post into then the other side into the 4 post receptacle. The adapter is rated for 30amps. The alkin will pull 20 amps. I'm thinking since the amperage checks out, this would work? So, someone advise me here. Does the adapter plan sound okay?

My Alkin arrived today. I need some advice on the plug. Mine is 220v and I was planning on using the existing receptacle for my dryer. However, my dryer receptacle takes a 4 prong, 4 wire plug and the Alkin uses 3 wires and a three pronged plug. My dryer receptacle is on its own 30amp dual pole breaker so using this receptacle would save me the cost of hiring an electrician to come out and wire in a new one. I found an dryer cord adapter on amazon to plug a three post into then the other side into the 4 post receptacle. The adapter is rated for 30amps. The alkin will pull 20 amps. I'm thinking since the amperage checks out, this would work? So, someone advise me here. Does the adapter plan sound okay?
@GA_LeadHead A few questions. Is your dryer plug the only outlet on that breaker? What is the breaker’s rating? The adapter being rated higher than the compressor pulls is fine. It would be an issue if it were the other way around. Can you post a photo of the bare wires on your compressor’s power cord, the inside of your electrical 220 plug (adapter), the opposite side of that plug (the prongs), and a photo of the receptacle you intend to plug it into? It is also helpful to remove the faceplate on the receptacle and to photograph the color of the wires going to each plug hole in the receptacle. I’d flip the breaker to “off” before removing the faceplate. You should be able to remove the prong from your plug (adapter) that your compressor won’t be using. If none of the prongs come installed you should be able to leave one out.

Last edited:
Reactions: GA_LeadHead
@GA_LeadHead A few questions. Is your dryer plug the only outlet on that breaker? What is the breaker’s rating? The adapter being rated higher than the compressor pulls is fine. It would be an issue if it were the other way around. Can you post a photo of the bare wires on your compressor’s power cord, the inside of your electrical 220 plug (adapter), the opposite side of that plug (the prongs), and a photo of the receptacle you intend to plug it into? It is also helpful to remove the faceplate on the receptacle and to photograph the color of the wires going to each plug hole in the receptacle. I’d flip the breaker to “off” before removing the faceplate. You should be able to remove the prong from your plug (adapter) that your compressor won’t be using. If none of the prongs come installed you should be able to leave one o
My dryer is the only outlet on the breaker. The breaker is a dual pole 30 amp. Alkin only draws max of 20 amps. Posting pictures of plugs, receptacles and wires below.

Here is a picture of the wires from the Alkin:
wires from alkin.jpg

This is the outside of the receptacle for my dryer:

outside receptacle.jpg

Inside of receptacle for dryer:

inside receptacle.jpg

This is the outside of a 4 prong plug I have that you can remove posts from:

outside 4 prong plug.jpg

Inside of 4 prong plug I have with removable posts/prongs:

inside 4 prong plug.jpg

I also have a three prong plug and the adapter I mentioned looks like this:

plug:

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 1.44.56 PM.png

Adapter (rated for 30 amps):

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 1.41.50 PM.png

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
@GA_LeadHead The configuration of the prongs in the outlets looks the same between the two sets of photos. Here’s a 4 prong outlet and dryer plug
3098D57D-805F-42A5-BDC1-01C1AB91141D.jpeg

Compressor wires and inside of 4-prong plug. Don’t pay the labels on the wires any attention. They are incorrect.
4B6EF4FD-CCB5-409B-80D6-B09DC999DF9D.jpeg

Wired plug (the bottom “L” shaped prong was removed).
94ED4765-002E-4DFC-B7CB-9354B2775EFA.jpeg

Hope this helps. If in doubt call a customer service rep.

@GA_LeadHead The configuration of the prongs in the outlets looks the same between the two sets of photos. Here’s a 4 prong outlet and dryer plug
View attachment 289662

So basically, you are just bypassing the "L" shaped post and wiring into the other three. And you've had no issues? This is awesome news my friend.

@GA_LeadHead No problem man. I understand your situation and I can’t take credit. A few members spent time with me helping me figure out the wiring. @Humdinger was one and there were a few others. Most notably @JamesD. spent time on the phone with me and if I’m not mistaken he also sent me photos when I went through a similar thing. He ultimately convinced me to call David (Alkin rep) on his day off. Not only did he answer, but David was a huge help in confirming that I had wired it correctly despite the incorrect labels that came on the wires. I’m glad you got it sorted out.

Last edited: