Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
Well with the valve problem, it was taking too long to reach pressure.
The O-ring on the pop-off valve, it was leaking when it hit about 1000psi.

If your have the metric tools, a little mechanical skills.. it is a snap!!
My W31 came with a full Tech Service Manual!
With parts diagram and even Torques Specs....

Last edited:
Reactions: Skydivingmiami
Has anyone wished they would have got the auto shutoff on the unit? Thanks
Auto shutoff is an unnecessary option for a single user. The compressor fills so quickly that a 6-8 minute top off doesn't require an automatic purge or shutoff. If you are inattentive and let it run, the worst that can happen is that the pop-off valve is venting excess pressure after it exceeds the pressure it's set for. A business usually would have this option for filling multiple tanks per day from empty.

Last edited:
I bought my Alkin in 2020 and it only has 14 hours on the hour meter. I change the oil annually but haven't repacked the filter with so few running hours. This one only sees the outdoors for picture taking. I would recommend anyone running a 240V Alkin outdoors to either connect it directly to an outlet or at least use a 12 gauge or heavier extension cord that is as short as you can buy.

I have a tip about Alkin moisture draining during extended fill sessions. The water separator tower capacity is quite large. It is only necessary to open the 2 left side valves until moisture stops spraying out. It only takes a second or two. Even on a humid day it is only necessary to purge the two left side moisture vents every 10-15 minutes during an extended fill session. Frequent and long purging makes the compressor run longer to rebuild pressure lost during the purging process. Topping off tanks up to 9 liter capacity won't require any moisture purging until after the tank is filled.

Alkin8.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone wished they would have got the auto shutoff on the unit? Thanks
TBH, the manual shutoff is not complicated and it saved a lot of $$$. On a normal day, topping off tanks takes less than 5 mins to go from 3k to 4500psi, so I stay close by and keep my eyes on it.

Now filling from empty is another thing, but its not done a lot. When I first got my Alkin I decided to empty all my tanks and fill from 0.
What I did was setup a timer on my phone for every 5 mins, (timer rings) open the valve for a few secs, close, reset timer and watch the tank pressure.
I try not to go to far just incase of issues.

To be honest, you gotta ask yourself what kind of lifestyle are you leading to HAVE TO HAVE auto shut off/auto purge?

Are you going to sit and have dinner with your family with the compressor running and filling a tank(filling means 0-4500, topping means about 2900-4500).
Are you gonna be mowing the lawn with a fill? Are you on purpose going to go out of your way and put yourself more than 100’ from that compressor while filling? And if so, is this a once in awhile thing or everyday occurrence?

About the only reason I see full auto stop and purge being handy is while filling or topping off a customers tank you leave the compressor to go ring up the guy buying pellets at the cash register.

Before I got into compressors I took my airhog tank to JF paintball who is AirHog. His compressor there was a way way higher $$ one than our W31’s. Not once would he leave the compressor during a top off and I can almost bet he had the auto stop feature.

I’m usually within 10 steps of mine, putting away the guns, tripods, misc gear and all the time watching the presdure gage on the fill hose. Even when I had my Hatsan lightning with the auto stop, I was the same distance away, and I think I used the auto stop more so just to put a smile on my face as I really didn’t need it

Heck ya!! Nice! Thanks for the pics! You went above and beyond, sir

I thought it was notched or something and the end piece slid in there. But it actually is threaded so as to keep the insides of the CGA347, as in your case, dust free.

I’m set up for CGA347. Now I need to get me one of those pieces.

Does Alkin have a part number for that piece in particular?

Mine is not threaded, it is a straight cylindrical section that the female QD on the fill assembly goes into to hold the assembly and fill whip up and out of the way while storing the unit.

I have the auto stop and auto drain on mine simply because the very first unit that they got at Baker Airguns was the full meal deal, and I was there an hour later with a loaded wallet. I like the totally hands off aspect of it, but to be honest I am never more than 25 feet from the unit when it is running and I keep a weather eye on the gauges during use.
I could have gone with the manual model, but they had the deluxe unit sitting there taunting me, so that is what I got.

Reactions: TRIPP
Mine is not threaded, it is a straight cylindrical section that the female QD on the fill assembly goes into to hold the assembly and fill whip up and out of the way while storing the unit.

I have the auto stop and auto drain on mine simply because the very first unit that they got at Baker Airguns was the full meal deal, and I was there an hour later with a loaded wallet. I like the totally hands off aspect of it, but to be honest I am never more than 25 feet from the unit when it is running and I keep a weather eye on the gauges during use.
I could have gone with the manual model, but they had the deluxe unit sitting there taunting me, so that is what I got.
If I would’ve been standing next to the deluxe model with money at hand I probably would’ve done the same, in all honesty, lol

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
If I would’ve been standing next to the deluxe model with money at hand I probably would’ve done the same, in all honesty, lol
My impulse control goes out the window when confronted by shiny piles of awesome. That and they helped me load it into the truck.......

I DO tend to the compressor during its run despite having the full auto functionality, because I believe that complacency leads to disaster. 310 bar is standard for us, no big deal, UNTIL IT BECOMES A BIG DEAL. In all likelihood it will be too late unless I am nearby to either A- get smoked by a HPA pipe bomb or B- hit the big red button and avert disaster.