• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Official Thread - Alkin owners - check in!

What version alkin did you purchase?

• Auto

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Manual

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
Now that Alkin dropped the manual features and is forcing the auto shut off at the much Higher price, I'm thinking about going the Coltri MH6 220 V route from Nuvair.
I'm thinking I will be very satisfied, and cash I save... will allow me to buy another PCP.... ;)
The Coltri also appears to be four stage, compared to Alkin’s three? That could speak to durability, I’d imagine. That said, I don’t see wearing out my Alkin in my lifetime. Time will indeed tell. I would happily fill other shooters bottles, if I knew any near me.

Now that Alkin dropped the manual features and is forcing the auto shut off at the much Higher price, I'm thinking about going the Coltri MH6 220 V route from Nuvair.
I'm thinking I will be very satisfied, and cash I save... will allow me to buy another PCP.... ;)
I have the full boat on my Alkin, and to be honest it is not necessary.
Super convenient- YES
Essential to compressifying- NOPE

I, like most, am never more than 10 feet or so away from the compressor when it is running. The auto features are nice and work as advertised, but you will not be missing a thing without them. You will just have to twist a bleed valve occasionally, and push a button when it is done.
If Baker had gotten a full manual version in first, then that is what I would own. I was positively going to own an Alkin compressor, and they got the full meal deal in while I was first on the call list.

I picked up a Alkin late last summer and told my brother how nice it was and he broke down and purchased one from Utah Air arms later last year, he got it shipped to AZ for $3500. and ended up getting the auto shut off version. He too thought something was wrong with it after it shut off on it's own when filling to 300 bar. After he figured out that he had the latest model for the old price he was a very happy camper.. I have been very happy with mine so far, I bought mine from Hi pressure pneumatics up in Harrison Michigan and Tom the owner has a Bauer at the shop, he told me he would have bought the Alkin if it would have been available at the time he bought his Bauer years ago. It sure is nice not having to drive a hour in each direction to get my tanks filled and knowing that I'm filling my tank with good quality dry air.

I only have about 40 hours on mine, but so far no issues at all. I have the 220 manual version. Use it to fill my scuba tanks and pcp equipment. Have also set it up portable when I went to Key West, ran It off a 220v generator in the field.
how old is it/year? 40 hours is a good amount, do you ever need to check the air quality?

I have scuba tanks, and thought about filling them also, but wasn't sure how to check for breathable air quality.

how old is it/year? 40 hours is a good amount, do you ever need to check the air quality?

I have scuba tanks, and thought about filling them also, but wasn't sure how to check for breathable air quality.

It is about 2 years old. I primarily bought it for personal scuba fills and I dive a lot so that's why I have a few hours on it already. I also mix my own nitrox. Alkin gives out a maintenance schedule for replacing desiccant, oil, filters, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skydivingmiami

We used Trace Analytics at the dive shop I worked at. See link below.There’s a kit that contains some equipment that the test bottle gets inserted into. You probably have to buy the kit. The sample bottle and filter (for oil and particulate) comes with the sampling portion of the kit. You send in the filter and air sample bottle.
You can also check with your local FD to see who samples their air if they do their own compressing.
If you use the air for scuba, you want the test for Grade E breathing air.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
Look who got an alkin! Congrats Steve
Screenshot_20230307_114728_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230307_114630_Instagram.jpg