Official Show Them Off Thread

Just added a backup field target rifle to my collection. The previous owner was this guy by the name of Zasadny. :) 

From a field target sitting position, he shoots 3/8 groups at 55 yards with this one. I found out about him thinking of selling it while we were talking about the barrels he is going though on my Steyr LG 100.

She's a fully AZ tuned Daystate CR-X. The scope on the gun at the moment is a Nikko Sterling 10-50x60 TargetMaster.

"sharroff"Just added a backup field target rifle to my collection. The previous owner was this guy by the name of Zasadny. :) 

From a field target sitting position, he shoots 3/8 groups at 55 yards with this one. I found out about him thinking of selling it while we were talking about the barrels he is going though on my Steyr LG 100.

She's a fully AZ tuned Daystate CR-X. The scope on the gun at the moment is a Nikko Sterling 10-50x60 TargetMaster.

What shoots better than that to make it the backup gun?

John,

This is the primary gun. The gun has to be accurate, but the shooter has to do their part as well or a gun that shoots like a laser is useless. This AZ Steyr LG 100 is much easier for me to shoot accurately due to the systems Alan added to the gun. After the last round of Alan's changes we agreed it was a very good gun but not one of those one hole at 55 yd guns. There was a bit more shot to shot and string variance from the rebuild of the Steyr regulator so it's getting one of Alan's Huma regulators (in his opinion the best). We are also converting from it's excellent 10M barrel and are trying a few barrels that designed for 55 yards. And it is also getting a new custom air reservoir to help with air capacity and pressure changes. We'll keep the silencer on the gun for indoor and back yard practice, but Alan is making an air stripper for competitive use.

While this work is getting completed (and in case something went wrong in the future and it needed to go back) , I wanted a backup gun for practice. Depending on how things go, the Steyr with a quick change could also become a 25M BR gun for me.

"sharroff"Thanks, ozone08! She's on the list for "Still gonna be in my gun cabinet when I kick the bucket"

Though I doubt I'd ever put them back on, I also have all the original sights and weights so she can remember what she looked like before Alan got her all dressed up :) 

when you do 'kick the bucket' may I leave you my address so you can stress in your will that it shall be sent to me? I promise i'll regularly use your headstone as a target out of respect.

htbus6.jpg

Matthew, that's one heck of a great collection. I take it the Webely is the oldest (how old). I had a Sheridan back when I was a teenager and that was a while back itself. What was the manufacturing time frame on your Sheridan's?. The wood on break barrels is beautiful. If your doing all the refurbishing my hats off to ya..
Again, great collection
Jimmy

AirForce Talon SS .22 TalonTuned valve, custom brass hammer, fluted breech with hammer slap mod, angled tank adapter, WokGuard, WokButt, TT 6" LDC + Soundloc, vented bushing & frame, Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 30 6.5-20X42

Daystate Air Wolf MCT Tactical .25 w/Huggett, Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 30 6.5-20X42

Crosman Custom Shop 2240 long steel breech with 10" barrel, LPA Mim rear sight, BOSS Valve, TKO LDC, TKO SS sear pin, TKO nylon trigger spring guide & spring kit, Don Cothran SS Reduced Friction Trigger, Don Cothran SS Safety, DC SS Extended Bolt w/magnet, DC SS Cylinder Shaped Bolt Handle, DC SS Cone Shaped Power Adjuster, GMAC SS polished sear, mr007s SS tri-wing CO2 end-cap