Official NAC 2024

Looks like you guys had fun this year! Sucks that I switched jobs and didn't have the time off to make it to the event. The wind looks about the same as last year, though you guys seem to have missed out on all the rain!

Congrats to all that placed, and hope everyone at least had a blast and learned something along the way.

Looks like you guys had fun this year! Sucks that I switched jobs and didn't have the time off to make it to the event. The wind looks about the same as last year, though you guys seem to have missed out on all the rain!

Congrats to all that placed, and hope everyone at least had a blast and learned something along the way.

Nope, we got rain - especially Sportsman’s PRS - non stop rain for that event…

Reactions: humbled
1000001043.jpg
1000001041.jpg
1000001038.jpg
1000001037.jpg
1000001025.jpg
1000001013.jpg
1000001009.jpg

Reactions: swNCsw
Here's a few pictures that I took at n a c last month. I got to meet Everybody that was there, but I gotta say.I love all you guys but meeting shooter 1721 was probably my favorite. I came up behind him when he walked out to see his card in the finals. I had to hit him with a c'mon man. I talked with him for about 10 minutes. And he is the nicest guy I have ever met. Excellent job to everybody that was there and competed, I know, I had a blast competing and I'll see all you guys next year. I live right up the road from the event so I'll be here waiting for you guys

Reactions: tibor
Hi Pp,
I'm John and I managed the scoring team for NAC. The cameras were used to verify crossfires, and they performed excellently. By matching the timestamps from the cameras at the bench and the target, we can accurately determine if a crossfire occurred.

Crossfires are a common issue, but this year, we only had a few per relay, which is typical. Last year, without the cameras, we had a significant number of instances where people "accidentally" shot at others' targets. It's unfortunate that we need surveillance to ensure fairness, but the cameras will be used going forward to help maintain the integrity of the competition.

Was this an attempt at cheating?
If it was, was there any sanction on the individual?
No it was not. In this particular instance the shooter actually said “I honestly can’t remember shooting this target twice. Could you please review the footage to ensure that it was my mistake and not someone else’s”. He was a stand-up guy.

It turns out that he did in fact shoot his own target twice and he was ok with that.

The cameras (and synchronized timestamps) are a bit tedious, but eliminated any doubts.

-Michael