Official Black Friday 2023 Deals!

@woogie_man I think I may end up playing with a small lathe eventually. Although I’ve never used one and don’t know much of anything about them. If I can learn to make poppets and valve seats I’d be content. What do you have in mind to make with a lathe? Anything you want to share?
Have been working on a Theoben MKII I would like to make dead silent. So will need to modify the probe, the shroud and some internals. I also shoot a TON of 22lr, and would like to reproduce a set of dies that i have for them that you are unable to buy anymore. Then just little trinkets and things, an MOA scale, some scaled up pellets to display or use as trophies at some of my local shoots and things like that.

I did have one of the smaller harbor freight lathes that I used for quite a few years honestly. Though I did do a TON of work to get it running correctly. I ended up tossing it out this summer due to the motor being shot, gearbox shreaded itself, chuck cracked, and the cross slide wore out. Could have repaired all of it, but it would have cost the price of a new lathe. So looking at the Precision Mathews site and saving up a bit.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
@Richely Any particular brand or reticle?
For the shooting I do the Hawke Frontier SF 4-20x44 SFP has worked well for me. Likely just get another. Very clear, sharp. Like the Mil Pro (20x) reticle. Not a scope for everyone, very tight eye box. I like that for target shooting, my head placement has to be dead on consistent. Cameralandny has had been selling them for $100 less than everyone else. Note, some sites list as 15yd parallax, it’s not its 10yd.

Reactions: cavedweller
For rifle, not yet made final choice. Something field/bench target style like AA HFT500. Stock must be very adjustable. Rifle to fit to me, not other way around. Traditional, not hardware store plumbing aisle build nor bull pup. Also not a Daystate faux barn wood stock so no Revere Safari. If I go over to PCP hand pump-able will be a must, ~200 bar limit. I like to keep things simple if possible. Price won’t be deciding factor, but I do like finding a bargain on what I finally decide I want. We’ll see.

For rifle, not yet made final choice. Something field/bench target style like AA HFT500. Stock must be very adjustable. Rifle to fit to me, not other way around. Traditional, not hardware store plumbing aisle build nor bull pup. Also not a Daystate faux barn wood stock so no Revere Safari. If I go over to PCP hand pump-able will be a must, ~200 bar limit. I like to keep things simple if possible. Price won’t be deciding factor, but I do like finding a bargain on what I finally decide I want. We’ll see.
You should try and find a 10m PCP. Very accurate and typically don't fill to a high pressure. My Anschutz 8002 S2 will get over 100 shots at 12ftlb on a 200 bar fill.

For the shooting I do the Hawke Frontier SF 4-20x44 SFP has worked well for me. Likely just get another. Very clear, sharp. Like the Mil Pro (20x) reticle. Not a scope for everyone, very tight eye box. I like that for target shooting, my head placement has to be dead on consistent. Cameralandny has had been selling them for $100 less than everyone else. Note, some sites list as 15yd parallax, it’s not its 10yd.
I thought all frontiers were 25 yards 🤷‍♂️

If the price is right I might consider a GX CS4. My Yong Heng is still running, but I’d like to ditch the bucket. Keep the YH as a backup.
OMG! I actually thought you already owned the GX CS4. If I had known you didn't own one I would never have bought mine! (chuckle)

All kidding aside, I bought the GX CS4 from gxpumpofficial.com and used the 10% code, so it came to $513 shipped.

If they show up a lot cheaper for BF, I am blaming YOU! LOL! (kidding of course)

Anyway, I have about 4-6 minutes on the compressor and about twice that on the cooling system. Yeah, long term review... (smile)

So far so good.

All my best!

Kerry