• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Off hand shooting

I don't shoot offhand that much anymore (sticks have spoiled me) but when I shot my R9 .22 springer all the time I could get 2"-3" groups when I was in the zone. Since I went to mostly PCPs I don't shoot offhand much and my skills have faded...

1538534473_3876936695bb42c49d84311.41733715_001.JPG

Here's one from 55 yards on a good day.

I don't know why or for what purpose you would want to shoot offhand at 50 yds however air rifle silhouette is shot all offhand and the farthest animal is the ram at 45 yds sooooo a really good offhand group would be one that hits a ram size target at 45 yards. Airgun silhouettes are one tenth the size of full size metallic silhouettes. Airgun ram silhouettes are of course shaped like a ram and they are about 3" wide from nose to rump and about 1 1/4" tall in the body with the head and horns being taller. Actual sizes and images can be found on the NRA website. Shooters routinely hit the rams and although it is difficult it is also very satisfying. It is a very good sport and I wish more shooters were interested. It is fun but not easy. More info about silhouette can be found on the NRA website or at steelchickens.com

Rick