Off hand open sight

I try to practice with a(or just more than one at a time) different slinger everything I sling lead. I do mainly bc I get bored or distracted or what haves, so I usually take at least 2 to plink. Then next trip 2 different ones. They all shoot a bit different🤷‍♂️ I like that, also helps me with remembering stuff; like what slinger likes what pellet, what scopes are just a touch left or a tad high right.

Reactions: Redtick12
I remember doing the .22 NRA marksman program at camp. You had to shoot prone for the first round of qualifications, then sitting, and finally standing. I remember ripping through prone and getting utterly stopped when I went to sitting. I never made it to standing at camp but did figure out the sitting style.
Now I know that when I shoot off hand I need to get on target and shoot within 3 seconds or I will most likely miss. Unless I'm totally in touch with my breath cycle, which is rare, I will just lower the gun and reset if I go past 3 seconds (which is about the maximum target of opportunity time with a squirrel).

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I remember doing the .22 NRA marksman program at camp. You had to shoot prone for the first round of qualifications, then sitting, and finally standing. I remember ripping through prone and getting utterly stopped when I went to sitting. I never made it to standing at camp but did figure out the sitting style.
Now I know that when I shoot off hand I need to get on target and shoot within 3 seconds or I will most likely miss. Unless I'm totally in touch with my breath cycle, which is rare, I will just lower the gun and reset if I go past 3 seconds (which is about the maximum target of opportunity time with a squirrel).
I thought I was the only one that told myself "3 seconds or restart" 🤪🤙

Reactions: AmosBurton
That is real good shooting off hand at 40. I used to like a black front sight the best. Is that rear a peep sight?
I am glad someone finally offered up sum AWL. That is incredible offhand shooting. I use to shoot 1/10 Scale NRA/IHMSA Metallic Silhouette Targets (Along with another member here). Till you have shot offhand at 40-45 yards. (45 for the Ram). It's not as easy as it looks. Man that is great shooting.
tim

Reactions: Redtick12