• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Of Mags & Men

My favorite would be the Kalibrgun mags for the Cricket. Mainly because they are inexpensive and very easy to load.
I've had the Marauder and the FX 400 with their mags and they are more of a pain to load. I prefer the Marauder mag over the FX mag in that you don't have to load the first pellet backwards on the Marauder mags. When you shoot various different guns it can get confusing? Do I put the first one in backwards on this one or what?

I even prefer my very expensive Kalibrgun Colibri mags to the Marauder and FX mags.

Let's see, I had a older Evanix Blizzard S10. I liked that mag but had trouble with the lever action mechanism. I've loaded and shot a friends .25 FX Wildcat. I liked the mag on it, but after loading my Cricket mags that hold 14 pellets for .177 & .22, I'm a little disappointed that the Wildcat mags only hold 8 pellets? The .25 cal Cricket mags hold 12 pellets.

95d5a41039ff282b872bcfd1ed091a57.jpg

Now all that being said, I have yet to get my hands on a Taipan Mutant or a Taipan Veteran. I hear those mags are pretty good?

Fuss

Meh, I don't really see that as a real option for "single" shot. The idea is to have the pellet free floating and unhindered from the cylinder and o-rings of the mag.

I saw another idea, may have been Ernest, where you cut the top of the mag wall and use it as a free floating single shot "tray" and as a bonus, if you fit the o-rings back, it can still be used as a regular mag. 

I did see where Ernest did that with a mag and that is a great idea.
I don't think you have to worry about the Cricket mags putting the pellet in at the wrong angle or anything as the probe is rather long and pushes the pellet quite a distance up into the breech. My .177 Cricket rifle shooting from the mag will hang pretty damn tight with my single shot .177 Thomas FT rifle. Best I've done with my Cricket is a 247 on the USARB 25 meter targets and it took me a while to beat that with the Thomas although I finally got the golden 250 with my Thomas after many tries.

Fuss

"Dairyboy"The Taipan mags are the best I've used. Very easy to load.
Dillon, I hope to finally get to see one of these badboys at the NC Arigun Show next month. I'm pretty sure "Rob in NC" is gonna be there with all his nice rifles, and I'm hoping to check out his "Priest" . I'll have to trade or sell my .22 Cricket rifle before I even consider adding another gun at this point, but I do need to put a .25 cal back in the stable. I'm sure someone will be there with the Taipans though.

Jimmy

"intenseaty22"So I was wondering... Exactly what is the advantage and/or disadvantage of those magazines FX uses that require to load the first pellet backwards?

What is your favorite style or brand of Magazine? Why?
So, does anybody know why FX goes that route? What is the supposed advantage to that design? What are it's drawbacks? (Other than: it could be easier to load)

"intenseaty22"
"intenseaty22"So I was wondering... Exactly what is the advantage and/or disadvantage of those magazines FX uses that require to load the first pellet backwards?

What is your favorite style or brand of Magazine? Why?
So, does anybody know why FX goes that route? What is the supposed advantage to that design? What are it's drawbacks? (Other than: it could be easier to load)
Besides design I believe it's to keep tension on the spring or to help load the spring with tension so the mag functions correctly, just a goofy way of doing it and probably the cheapest way.