Of Course It'll Fail - So What's Next

I know my second Yong Heng will eventually fail as the first one did. So in the mid price range - $1,000 to $2,000(ish) what's the best buy? Tuxing two cylinder (003 model)? Air Venturi? Omega Super or Turbo Charger? Can't really justify an Alkin or anything else in that price range. I'll use it 1-2, maybe 3 times a week to top off an 88 cubic foot/9 liter CF bottle from 150/200 up to 310 BAR. Do not need a portable compressor and prefer something self-contained without the need for external cooling and auto purging would be a real plus. Opinions and experience appreciated.

Reactions: dgeesaman
I think i will take this middle ground too, after all from here and up to the big compressors i was looking at is 2/3 more in price,,,, and even more without looking for gold plated limited edition compressors.

I have been looking at the 2 CYL Tuxing compressors too.
Though ! these do need some H2O cooling, which are also fine for me, i have surplus reservoirs and radiators from decades of water cooling my computers, so really all i need are a mains power pump and some mains power fans for the radiator ( i dont think i will use 12 V fans as the ones i have are fairly low noise, and really i would want "screamers" to add to the airflow across the compressor )
As a computer cooling enthusiast i of course can NOT do the bucket of water approach, it will have to be a closed loop.

Been eyeing the TXEDM042 model which can ship to me from inside the EU ( Spain )

2X the price and this look interesting too, but they you are in or borderline big compressor territory.

Last edited:
I think i will take this middle ground too, after all from here and up to the big compressors i was looking at is 2/3 more in price,,,, and even more without looking for gold plated limited edition compressors.

I have been looking at the 2 CYL Tuxing compressors too.
Though ! these do need some H2O cooling, which are also fine for me, i have surplus reservoirs and radiators from decades of water cooling my computers, so really all i need are a mains power pump and some mains power fans for the radiator ( i dont think i will use 12 V fans as the ones i have are fairly low noise, and really i would want "screamers" to add to the airflow across the compressor )
As a computer cooling enthusiast i of course can NOT do the bucket of water approach, it will have to be a closed loop.

Been eyeing the TXEDM042 model which can ship to me from inside the EU ( Spain )

2X the price and this look interesting too, but they you are in or borderline big compressor territory.
I was looking at this one - 3 fans, water cooling, auto purge, etc. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DCHDT83/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_8?smid=A39CP3T8JONR46&psc=1

I know my second Yong Heng will eventually fail as the first one did. So in the mid price range - $1,000 to $2,000(ish) what's the best buy? Tuxing two cylinder (003 model)? Air Venturi? Omega Super or Turbo Charger? Can't really justify an Alkin or anything else in that price range. I'll use it 1-2, maybe 3 times a week to top off an 88 cubic foot/9 liter CF bottle from 150/200 up to 310 BAR. Do not need a portable compressor and prefer something self-contained without the need for external cooling and auto purging would be a real plus. Opinions and experience appreciated.
In that price range you might want to look at the new air cooled Carette model from Airtanksforsale. I sold the original water cooled Carette and the current owner has had it for 5 years with no issues. I like the features on the newer air cooled model and it should be at least as good as anything else you can buy in that price category.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2D1C
In that price range you might want to look at the new air cooled Carette model from Airtanksforsale. I sold the original water cooled Carette and the current owner has had it for 5 years with no issues. I like the features on the newer air cooled model and it should be at least as good as anything else you can buy in that price category.
Thanks - I'll check it out!

I have this compressor with auto shut off only. Coming up on 1 yr old. Bought direct from Tuxing so any and all communication is direct with Tuxing ( time diff sucks but they reply sometimes immediately). Had initial startup leaks and they resolved them with replacement parts when needed. Overall I give it an A grade. Only fill guns so about 8 hrs run time on it now..not very much but I shoot 1 or 2 times per weak. I put mine on a dedicated breaker, run my dehumidifier all the time, use Secolube 500, 50/50 antifreeze/Water, placed on sturdy 4 Wheel cart and placed unit on top of a single layer of Duct Seal bricks to greatly reduce running vibration due to thin gage steel mounting platform Tuxing employs with little rigity gussets.

Something doesn't jive. He claims the two horsepower motor but while it is running it only draws four or five amps at 120 volts. That's impossible since one horsepower takes 746 watts if the motor was 100% efficient which is not.

Reactions: dgeesaman
Still tapping my foot. The Yong Heng is running okay and although a bucket of water with ice is a PITA I will stick with it for the foreseeable future. BUT - I do think I will want to get a new compressor before the YH fails - which it will - therefore the dilemma. I do enjoy tinkering with my FX Impact M3 but I have no desire to tinker with or rebuild a Yong Heng air compressor. Considering biting the bullet and buying a step up compressor and putting the YH on the shelf as a backup. Just trying to make the best decision - Tuxing, Omega Super Charger, Omega Turbo Charger, Air Venturi, etc. The Alpha Carette specs don't really impress me in terms of fill times, etc. Tap tap tap.

Reactions: Camaro454
I don't know... I like good tools, a good set of screwdrivers or pliers or wrenches. Sooner or later all will wear out in one or the other way.
My YH is a tool to help my hobby. I have about 60+hrs on mine so far, rebuilt it once in couple hours, two coffee's and four beers...And btw I have spare parts still in the original packaging for case of emergency.
I am happy with it for my money.
If I would want to spend $1000+ for a new compressor, I would buy 5 YH use one and four as a spare.

I don't know... I like good tools, a good set of screwdrivers or pliers or wrenches. Sooner or later all will wear out in one or the other way.
My YH is a tool to help my hobby. I have about 60+hrs on mine so far, rebuilt it once in couple hours, two coffee's and four beers...And btw I have spare parts still in the original packaging for case of emergency.
I am happy with it for my money.
If I would want to spend $1000+ for a new compressor, I would buy 5 YH use one and four as a spare.
I don't own a compressor, but just like spending $$$$$ for one airgun does not mean you won't have problems. Yeah, it shouldn't be like that... but it is what it is.

If you can afford to spend the money for high dollar tools, then I guess you can afford to spend what it costs to fix them when they fail. And cost is no guarantee that they will not fail and fail sooner than you would think considering the price.

Just one reason why I didn't buy a 1969 6.9 liter Mercedes Benz back in the early 1980's. It was cheap at $2000, but the more I looked into what it would take to make it "right", pretty? and drive-able, the more I realized that I could not afford it. Maybe not a great analogy, but I think it applies to this situation very well when talking about airguns and compressors.

Last edited:
Saw this on another thread. Like the way he broke down the true costs of compressors:

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/best-compressor-for-the-money.1143629/post-1144018

"Best compressor for the money will cost you less than $3 for every working hour + filters. Coltri; Alkin, Bauer etc.

But the best bang for the buck wont be the cheapest unit!

I'll bet you $$$ for donuts than no'one has run a Yong Heng for 125-150 hours for a $375-450 sales price. Oh and then you have to fork over for a proper dessicant filter!.

A true diving compressor doing 100liters/min, at $3000. Run for 500 hour will cost ($25 filter for every 12 hours) = $3500 for 514286 cubic feet of air. Or .0068cents/cft

A YH $300+ $75 filter will run for 100hours and cost = $375 run. At best 30liters/min, so = 6356 cubic of air. Ie .059cents/cft

Thats a factor 10 right there! Not taking into account the resale value ;-)

So cheap is just that, but not the best bang for your buck."

my opinion is theyll all fail lol .. north of 3k psi is alot of work for anything .. i could save and buy something more on the 'industrial' duty level that would likely last a fee years without problems like a gas dive pump, but thats like what 5000$ or more ... yong heng is cheap, use it gently and itl give enough life to make it practical, and doubt your gonna be winning much spending more on anything short of a gas dive setup ..might get a bettrr warranty or something, i doubt your gonna gain much on reliability .. i keep it simple and adjust my procedure to fit .. yong heng stays put away and i get it out and set it up by the sink to fill tanks every month or two ... if you shoot hundreds of tins of pellets a month it might be better to get about 10 firemans tanks and just run them to the station to fill lol ..

I do
A gentleman in India mentioned that the Yong Heng motor has a thermal cutoff. Not talking about cylinder head temperature - but the motor itself. If this is true can anyone tell me how to either replace it or bypass it?
Thermal overload sensing in a motor is via thermistors that are integral to the motor windings. They are buried in the layers of copper windings. Won't be able to get at them. The thermistors OTOH are connected to a thermal cutout relay which is usually integral in the motor starter. The starter CAN be replaced. Regards.