He disappeared 10 years ago owing me $650.00

Then called me at 2:30 am one night upon returning and said $800 was on the way. It arrived so I forgave him but dam. When he's done it twice before & doing it again? 
I simply don't buy used anymore unless I know exactly who I'm dealing with and where they are. I don't really want anything anyway. Maybe a good 2ndFP LR target scope, illuminated windage tree. I'll buy it new. Under warranty, NO WORRIES.
Honestly I don't even bother here much anymore. 
I'm really sad this is happening again to anyone.

What I don't get about him is he definitely has money. He's far from poor or hard up. I don't think he plans on doing this stuff but he gets a F^%# it attitude at times. 

Sorry to hear he owes you something, sounds like he disappeared and might be on an island pondering meaning of life. He obviously has many many guns because what he suggested and said were all very good information, a bit aggressive at times but I still haven't found anything he said related to airguns or scopes false, in fact I found what he said usually is spot on. I have sold but not traded with him many times and no issues and so have many people here. He is definitely an interesting person with too much time and money on hand plus very much OCD about everything. Hope will reappear and make right what was wrong, sounds like this happened before. 

Never could deal with his style of posting, but that's my problem.

I had a Maximus on sale in the classifieds around the same time Midway was blowing them out, so it wasn't getting any interest, but O'Doyle pm'ed me and made a very condescending offer, said he'd buy it from me, but only if I shipped it two day priority to Hawaii, and he would pay with a MO after I provided proof of shipment! - what an asshole.

I am also at a loss as to why so many on this forum defended him, when it was obvious (to many, but not all) he is a dishonest, duplicitous f@#$wad.

And yes, I do feel better now

If his many multi-thousand dollar purchases were true, it suggests a profile of someone receiving amounts of cash that need to be spent or invested in ways not involving bank deposits. Just an observation, I have no knowledge of the man, and l make no accusations. The profile could as easily be one of money and mental health issues.

If his many multi-thousand dollar purchases were true, it suggests a profile of someone receiving amounts of cash that need to be spent or invested in ways not involving bank deposits. Just an observation, I have no knowledge of the man, and l make no accusations. The profile could as easily be one of money and mental health issues.

it is obvious at least one of his businesses is cash business which easily explains the use of money order. 

I had multiple sales to Odoyle, and except in the cases where I wasn't explicit enough in my ad (and I spent more than I had intended on the shipping) all were straight-forward and paid in full.

I also found that Odoyle had a lot of practical wisdom - to me the most important kind of wisdom. Having almost none of that myself, I definitely benefited from many of his posts. Although one learned early on that you couldn't have a thin skin when dealing with Odoyle. He spoke his mind without yielding to political correctness. I don't mean this as a fault - society has gone way overboard to the PC side of the equation and has become weaker as a result. But then again, I don't have to manage a forum, and therefore don't have to deal with all of the loose cannons (and their potential impact on paying forum sponsors).

It was my understanding that he owned some sort of club - based on the video links he used to post, I would assume maybe a bar and dance club. And this would be the type of business which was among the hardest hit during periods of COVID lock-downs. Like being completely closed for months at a time, having continuing expenses but zero income.

Unlike TMH above, I never sold anything to Odoyle, but I did have many interactions with him on the forum and through PMs. He always responded to me and was very helpful on many occasions. I certainly also benefited from both his direct messages as well as many of the posts he made in the forums. As always, “Caveat Emptor”, and clearly he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. At the same time, there are a lot of thin-skinned and easily offended people on AGN. For myself, I found him usually entertaining and informative. While I understand (I think) some of the many reasons he had to go, and dislike intensely what he is alleged to have done re: the Crosman discount as well as his “leak” around the M3, I think we are somewhat the poorer without him around.

Chris 

Reactions: Matt247365