• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Odd gimmick stuff you cant help but click on

Came across an Umarex rifle I couldn't help but click on out of confusion based curiousity. The tactical styled, collapsible stock, h/k mp7 replica in a low velocity break barrel single shot format. Under 500 fps in .177 it has little practical use or entertainment value.
https://www.umarexusa.com/2252312
What kind of strange/borderline useless stuff have you guys come across searching the web?

I just recently purchased my first night vision scope with laser range finder and built in ballistics.
After decades of very inexpensive, conventional optics, part of me wonders if I just took a plunge off the deep end of "odd gimmicks" !
The other part of me realizes this dang thing is no gimmick, and should be extremely useful in the field, both daytime and at night!

Reactions: L.Leon
Came across an Umarex rifle I couldn't help but click on out of confusion based curiousity. The tactical styled, collapsible stock, h/k mp7 replica in a low velocity break barrel single shot format. Under 500 fps in .177 it has little practical use or entertainment value.
What kind of strange/borderline useless stuff have you guys come across searching the web?
Be careful with that question !

A "lot" of people think that, that "gimmick" you are talking about is a...real thing !! And not just in the world of air powered guns.
Cars, motorcycles, it's out there in all forms.

"I just got this great xxxxxxx, you should see it, is gonna make me a better xxxxx !"

You read about it all...the time.
Funny though, in "some" cases, this new "thing", actually be a great thing, BUT, it's only a "part" of that great thing. The user must ALSO...do this and this to finish the "thing" to make it...great. And...they don't understand that !!

Mike

I just recently purchased my first night vision scope with laser range finder and built in ballistics.
After decades of very inexpensive, conventional optics, part of me wonders if I just took a plunge off the deep end of "odd gimmicks" !
The other part of me realizes this dang thing is no gimmick, and should be extremely useful in the field, both daytime and at night!

shiiiiit you've got me interested - what'd ya git?

Nice, how do you think it compares to an ATN Thor 5?

Completely different animals!
I believe its the best "night vision with laser range finder and built in ballistics" bang for the buck right now.
At first, because Im used to inexpensive, conventional optics, it felt like a solid, well made gimmick, .... but the ballistics and night vision are very useful!
No gimmick after all!

Be careful with that question !

A "lot" of people think that, that "gimmick" you are talking about is a...real thing !!
Mike
I hope you're wrong.....either way it looks like the chance of entertainment getting to see other ag related stuff that never should have made it to market is long gone...
.. but the ballistics and night vision are very useful!
No gimmick after all!
Congrats...NV is neat stuff

Reactions: Airgun Al
I think I may have bought a "gimmick" item myself, like a dumbass. But in all fairness, I, like many of you, are in search of AMAZING accuracy out of your air rifles. I bought the FX Harmonic tuner that threads onto the end of your barrel to help dial in tighter groups. However, now going on YT and watching different competition/accuracy videos, I'm not seeing anyone use this heavy barrel weight.
I know there are Pro shooters here on AGN, so my question is rather simple....Do any of you use 1 or am I just an unlucky dumbass buying into this type of hyped up gimmick?

Reactions: L.Leon
This gun fill's a sales notch for the company