• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Oct 5th 2022 Xtreme Field Target NIGHT MATCH!!! (EBR Week)

09/25 update: There will not be a second relay on Oct 5th night match. Ben learned from last nights match that his lights only have 4hrs of run-time. In order to prevent having lights start dying while the second relay is trying to finish, he has decided to cut it down to a max of 36 shooters, all in the first relay. 12 lanes, 3 shooters per lane. Practiscore has been updated to reflect the correct 8 more available slots for shooters.

Ben asked me to announce a night match for the Wednesday night of EBR week, to take place at the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club. If you're planning on being in the Phoenix area as either an EBR contestant or a spectator, Start your EBR experience out with a BANG by shooting in an Xtreme Field target match, IN THE DARK!

This event is not associated with EBR, simply scheduled strategically to give airgun people that will already be in town the opportunity to shoot some more!

Here's the match report from our most recent night match. TONS of fun! https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/xft-phoenix-june-night-match-2022.1268538/

For EBR contestants, this will be an excellent opportunity to get in a little practice, and verify your zero and dope. If you can do it in the dark, daytime xtreme field target should be a cake walk, right?

For those that wanted to compete at EBR but maybe didn't get a slot during that crazy EBR registration window, this is a chance to taste some of that competition.

For everyone, it will be an opportunity to spend time shooting airguns, talking about airguns, and otherwise enjoying time around like-minded individuals.

The Xtreme Field Target match will be held from 6pm to midnight (if 2nd relay necessary).
Sight in and shooters meeting will be from 6-645pm
The first 36 shooters to sign up will start their relay around 7-730pm. 3 shooters per lane, 12 lanes, 2 targets per lane, 2 shots per target for a total possible score of 48. Timers will be used (4minutes for all 4 shots) and, again, provide some practice for the EBR Extreme Field Target event that is also timed.

If necessary, a second relay with the shooters beyond the first 36 to sign up will take place after the first relay. Rough estimate for the times for the second relay will be from 930 to midnight.

The event can accommodate a maximum of 72 shooters so get signed up early! and more so if you want to be in the first relay.

Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Pellets only for this match. ( no slugs or rimfire)

$20.00 range fee for the night match.

The main walking path as well as the targets are well-lit (see the link to the June match report to get a feel for what to expect). Non-illuminated reticles/scopes work just fine. I used a 20x SWFA scope with a 42mm objective (notoriously sub-par in low light conditions) and could see all the targets in greater detail than I can in the daytime. A small auxiliary light source of some sort is recommended to be on the shooter's person to aid in dialing the turett, making sure the pellet is pointed the right way during loading, etc. We recommend against anything too bright though, as it will blind you and fellow shooter until pupils have a chance to readjust to the dark.

Spectators welcome.

Hope to see you there!!!

Last edited:
So there has been a idea presented to me for this fun shoot.
Lane 10 far Target is 100 yds. This shooter if I understand the idea correctly. Thinks as a option, not mandatory any interested put 5$ in for 2 offhand shots at the 3 inch 100 yd. Target. The winners split proceeds. 100 % if won goes back to the shooters. This would be after you shoot your 4 shoots for that lane. Please let me know your thoughts. Again this would be a option NOT mandatory.

All signed up and got confirmation.
See y’all in a couple of months.
I’m really looking forward to it! Hoping for some great weather.
Will be great to meet you guys, see you in October! Hope I made the early group cutoff, my bedtime is about 930pm these days, might have to bring my sleeping bag and shoot from that if I get the late group…

Reactions: okieairgunner
BFF21841-13F9-4DF1-9577-A677CF07E5FA.png

Looking forward to it. I think the wind factor for Extreme Troyer needs a little tweaking…. But it’s close. If you double the distance from 50 to 100 yards you quadruple the wind affect.
Wouldn't be hard but it'd add a layer to simple calculations that people already don't understand.

What I've used for AZ matches since December of 2020 is the following:
Troyer factor for a target 25-50 yards = distance/kill zone size

Troyer factor for a target 51-75 yards = (distance/kill zone size) x 1.125

Troyer factor for a target 76-100 yards = (distance/kill zone size) x1.25

Simple. Troyer for regular ft doesn't include anything for foot pounds or caliber size or anything else, just distance and kill zone. So I just extrapolated out the distances for XFT in Dec of 2020. Nothing mysterious or tricky or hard to fathom (at least it shouldn't be to most people).

Hell, use the blue and yellow chart here and you don't even have to do any math. Just line up the kill zone size and the distance and there's your Troyer.

To account for wind we'd simply need another couple difficulty factors, like the one we already have for distance.

Maybe highest wind speed recorded by national weather service during the match as stated on their website as being measured nearest the match?

So something like this....
wind speeds of 5 or less mph just multiply the Troyer above by 1
Wind speeds 6-10 mph multiply Troyer above x 2
Wind speeds 11-15mph multiply Troyer above by x3
Wind speeds 16-20mph x4
Wind speeds greater than 21mph x5.

I'm not using decimals here to try to keep it simple.

Just a suggestion.