OCO Labs connecting rod for ShoeBox F10

Info from Revoman.......

"I tried to buy some of the hardened pistons, but they are NOT the same length, so hadda return (without issue) them to Zack. Not sure that Tom doesn't work for this place. I have had some luck buying parts through Grainger as well. I believe that Tom used Grainger parts for much of the parts in the Box."

The OCO website indicates that the arm is 6" long and the bushings can be bought from McMaster Carr....
Bushings and Push nuts are available at McMaster Carr:
– Bushing – part 2938T1 – https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/1288
– Push Nut – part 94807A029 – https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/341

Additional information

Weight.25 lbs
Dimensions6 × 1 × 1 in

Found this note also, looks like they may not have much in the way of parts until the end of this year?
"We are currently back in production, we will need approximately 90 days to have product on the shelf. We are hoping to have extractors and spare parts available before the end of the year.
Sorry for the inconvenience."

mike

For those following this posting, the OCO labs connecting rod is the same center to center length as the original ShoeBox F10, 4.68 inches. I bought bushings from Zack at OCO and repaired mine. Im going to follow up this post with a new post about my recent repair of my F10, which as of last night is up and running and pumping my tank up to 4500 psi.

Info from Revoman.......

"I tried to buy some of the hardened pistons, but they are NOT the same length, so hadda return (without issue) them to Zack. Not sure that Tom doesn't work for this place. I have had some luck buying parts through Grainger as well. I believe that Tom used Grainger parts for much of the parts in the Box."

what was wrong with the pistons, Im needing to replace the big one, 1/4 inch?

beercanshot --=--
The OCO pistons are about ± 6" long. The Box pistons are closer to ± 10" long. Not even lose unfortunately.
So, like you, I contacted Zack and this is his reply...
Hello Mike, You can use this link to find the right diameter. You will have to cut the length to whatever size you need. knockout pins | McMaster-Carr
Thank you,
Zack Lett
OCO Labs
1708 S. Wolf Rd
Wheeling, IL 60090

I visited the McMaster site and found the knockout pins, however, none were exactly as needed, so I re-asked Zack and haven't heard back yet. Maybe you might have better luck in finding the correct diameter and length. If so, PLEASE lemme know.
mike

I measured my pistons and the .125" is ± 9-15/16, while the .25" is 10-13/32". Not sure why they are different lengths, but that what mine measure.
The ones that you found at 14" can be cut down, but are they the high heat nitride coated pistons like the ones for the F-10? They must be high temperature pistons due to the faster RPM's from the F-8 and older versions I'm guessing.
mike

I am going to try the knockout pins | McMaster-Carr that are 1/4" and 1/8" and simply cut the head off. I can't see why they would not work. In fact, if the head on these knock out pins do not interfere with the support rod on the right side of the compressor, I see no need to cut the head off. they are all nitride coated H13 tool steel that resists rapid changes in heat

beercanshot ---=---
The .25" diameter piston is over 10" (at least mine is). I must be missing something on the McMaster chart as the longest I see is 10" unless Metric is used. The Metric chart has longer pistons available, but they are not .25". If I look at Metric 6.50mm = .256" which is the closest to the actual of 6.35mm = .25"
1663263881106.png

The .125" is less than 10", so there is no issue in using the one listed....
1663263796864.png

The .25" diameter CYLINDER is longer than the .125" cylinder, necessitating the longer length. What am I missing??? Maybe it'll work since the bushing tower has a cut-out at the .25" piston?
mike