Oahu Hawaii shooters

i’m from california and am moving to oahu in a few months. any tips on how to bring my airgun over to hawaii?
i’m hoping i can just put it in its original manufacturer box packaging and just put it in a large luggage to check-in. i would of course let them know that i have a gun in the luggage. i have never done this before so don’t laugh too hard 😂 i’m seeking help.
Put it in a pelican or Plano rifle case. Degass before flying.

i’m from california and am moving to oahu in a few months. any tips on how to bring my airgun over to hawaii?
i’m hoping i can just put it in its original manufacturer box packaging and just put it in a large luggage to check-in. i would of course let them know that i have a gun in the luggage. i have never done this before so don’t laugh too hard 😂 i’m seeking help.
I would just ship it USPS

I agree it might be easier to ship it over to your new address by mail or UPS? Send it so you will be moved into your new place a few days before the delivery arrives. Then you won't have the hassle of the airlines possibly "losing" it or not allowing it.