• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning O-Rings Purchase

I bought a full set of Orings for My Lelya 2 from the Oring store. Only place I could find them from a forum sponsor was $20 for the set and $17.50 shipping. I posted elsewhere the URL for the appropriate orings from that store and just made the purchase. They had a minnimum for each oring and sometimes the minnimum was 20 orings. However they were $.05 each. 

My total, I would guess, gives me about 5-10 complete oring sets for the Lelya 2. I'll have a _ _ it pile of orings that I won't use but may be the correct ones for another rifle or something. All the orings cost me $9.15 and the shipping was $7.01. Send the list you need, from your rifle manufacture's specs, to Daro at the oring store and he'll get you an order sheet, then make your order.

If I could have gotten the set from the forum sponsor for $20 I would have done it. $17.50 is a bit overboard for shipping IMHO.

$17.50 for a padded envelope? What did the postage on it say? Even an overnight guaranteed (or your money back) USPS Express Mail envelope is cheaper than that. Was it shipped UPS or FED EX? Pretty insane they never gave you any cheaper $2.00-$3.00 padded envelope option.

Oh, BTW... I forgot to charge you for the paper envelope and plastic baggy I used to mail you those 6 O-rings... (chuckle)

How does $15 sound since it wasn't padded? LOL! 

Of course I am kidding... (grin)

Thanks BTW do you know if the QB78 Poppet fits the Avenger and Nova Freedom and Liberty and Seneca Aspen?

Roy at Mountain Air Customs sell replacement Delrin and Teflon valve Poppets for $18 each.

http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/faq/

Screenshot_2020-12-06-17-15-552.1607754744.png

Am I correct in the way I'm interpretating the o-ring list...

Example: O-ring 2,57х1,78 1 Front plug, filling valve

The 1,78 is the CS and the 2,57 is the ID..

..which would correspond to: 1.78mm X 2.57mm (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=368_12_43&products_id=20667

Leshiy

O-ring 2,57х1,78 1 Front plug, filling valve
O-ring 5х2,5 1 front plug, O-ring under the gauge
O-ring 5х1,5 6 front plug, back plug + regulator
O-ring 8,5х2,5 1 Breach
O-ring 9х1,5 1 Regulator Piston
O-ring 12х2,5 1 Regulator to Plenum
O-ring 18х2 1 Regulator Plenum to Valve Body
O-ring 18х3 1 Rear cylinder plug and outer regulator
O-ring 29,1х1,6 2 stock magnet collar
O-ring 29х2 1 Moderator Endcap

This pic is from theoringstore...

oring_id.1614999371.png

Just so you know, if you're reading the schematics from EDgun/EDgun West and the o-ring size is listed as 25x3mm, it's the other way around when ordering from The O-Ring Store or McMaster Carr. While on either site, look under Buna N 70 in milimeters and go by the o-ring thickness. So if it's 3mm, it would be 3x25mm. 25mm being the inner diameter. I recently tried to order from The O-Ring Store but they won't ship via USPS anymore and their reason being is that USPS lost too many of their customer's packages according to Daro. I've always used USPS and have always received my packages. They wanted $30 for shipping via FedEx for a few o-rings. Nope.

On another note, if you order from The O-Ring Store, make sure you mark the o-ring sizes on the outer packages with a Sharpie otherwise they will fade.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/faded-o-ring-labels-dont-wait-until-its-too-late/?referrer=1

I recently received my new maverick and was contemplating purchasing replacement o rings to eliminate down time in the event there is a failure. Seems fairly common on all pcp guns. Question is what is the shelf life of these o rings typically? I don’t want to purchase minimum quantities of every size the gun requires just to find out in a year or 2 down the road they’re breaking down already. 

I always make it a habit to check with the manufacturer of the gun who calls out o ring sizes in their parts diagrams, to make sure the first number is the ID and not the OD. So far all have been the ID, except for a Tuxing O ring kit for my Hatsan Lightning. The list they provided for all the compressors o rings, first number was all OD. I’m glad I checked.

FX has been awesome in listing out all the o ring sizes in their parts diagrams, along with durometer call outs, and types needed such as PUR(polyurethane).

I use oringsandmore.com myself.

i do have a question I put out on the forums awhile back, regarding the avenger platform. It’s parts diagram has been out awhile now, and I asked if the first number was in ID or OD and got no response. Does anyone know?

I recently received my new maverick and was contemplating purchasing replacement o rings to eliminate down time in the event there is a failure. Seems fairly common on all pcp guns. Question is what is the shelf life of these o rings typically? I don’t want to purchase minimum quantities of every size the gun requires just to find out in a year or 2 down the road they’re breaking down already.

If you store them in a cool dark area with good air circulation they’ll last a long time. Heat, sun exposure, and stuff stacked on top of them will shorten their lives for sure.

ive always kept the o rings in the original small zip bags they came in, and would group together all o rings for a certain gun in a large gallon sized freezer zip lock bag, all labeled for whatever gun the o rings were for but decided to get better organized with my o rings. I also date the individual bags the minute they arrive so that way if I’ve got doubles of the same size I’ll use up the older ones first-

FADA4F8E-E1F2-4F91-BD82-9AA19E0224D0.1634143217.jpeg
E3F5426A-2A53-4FBF-B073-EE3CD02616FF.1634143218.jpeg
B96F6855-AD5C-48EE-A805-41698101833F.1634143221.jpeg

when I place an order for o rings, I try and source not just the o rings within the pcp, but anything and everything that feeds it- fill probe o rings, regulator rebuild o rings, fill station and bottle o rings, everything