After some thought, I figured I’d stop trying to think outside the box for night vision - I’m torn between the pard 008p and the sightmark 4K 3-24x

Was going to go with the 008p but most the research I’ve seen is to get the eaglevisionmount, which I’d prefer something more simple

Does the sight mark have the same issue?

Thank you

Edit: updating as I go.

I ordered the eaglevision mount - also ordered the pard 008p from optics planet, but I just received an email asking for proof of military or government agency?

Never had that happen, will that be a response everywhere? I know I can order it off Amazon, so it seemed strange

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Many of the digital NV optics have the same issue close range zeroing, so good buy on the Eaglevision mount. Why not just order from PardUSA?

Many of the digital NV optics have the same issue close range zeroing, so good buy on the Eaglevision mount. Why not just order from PardUSA?
I ended going directly from pard after the optics planet issue (just a little cheaper, but not much so it’s all good 👍)

Pretty excited to get this set up

Thank you!

Hello I see you just ordered the pard but in regards to your question the most versatile setup I have found is a PVS14 type of NV mounted behind a NV comparable red dot with an IR flash light mounted to the gun. With that set up you can run a magnifier behind the red dot during the day if you so choose, also you can bounce the NV from gun to gun that have a red dot and not have to rezero, just use the zero on the gun. The NV can be used as a monocular as well if you choose. If you choose to use googles or a helmet mount monocular the trend is to go with a higher mounted red dot and although good at night its so so during the day. You get a chin mount instead of a cheek weld sought of like the old Russian scope for an AK which sit 3 feet above the gun. The only draw back I see with this setup is your gun is pointing at what ever you look at with your NV. Well I hope this helped answer some questions and enjoy your new setup if great shooting in the dark now there is no reason not to be behind a gun Eric.

Hello I see you just ordered the pard but in regards to your question the most versatile setup I have found is a PVS14 type of NV mounted behind a NV comparable red dot with an IR flash light mounted to the gun. With that set up you can run a magnifier behind the red dot during the day if you so choose, also you can bounce the NV from gun to gun that have a red dot and not have to rezero, just use the zero on the gun. The NV can be used as a monocular as well if you choose. If you choose to use googles or a helmet mount monocular the trend is to go with a higher mounted red dot and although good at night its so so during the day. You get a chin mount instead of a cheek weld sought of like the old Russian scope for an AK which sit 3 feet above the gun. The only draw back I see with this setup is your gun is pointing at what ever you look at with your NV. Well I hope this helped answer some questions and enjoy your new setup if great shooting in the dark now there is no reason not to be behind a gun Eric.
Very helpful, I appreciate the insight, always grateful for it 👍

I did get the pard 008, but eventually wanna also get a red dot/nv helmet/goggle type of set up just like you described - hopefully on a lighter carbine type of rig for a more mobile night of hunting/pesting

One step at a time I suppose hahaha

Why not try 008SLRF B

allistic calculation test :

微信图片_20220525153033.png