NSA (slugs) Triple your BC at what cost?

As with Pellets/bullets.. know your gun, barrel land and groove size and take into account if you have a leade polished in or not. Also when shooting cast slugs, I size to the choke and not the barrel exclusively. I have shot literally thousands of slugs out of all of my guns from 357,308, several 25's and my 22. Only problem was increased leading in the choke until I find the correct size and then lube accordingly. I am sure trying to force a too large of a bullet will not be good for the probe, bolt or sidelever.. so due diligence is in order when choosing a bullet or sizing for your application.

Hey guys. I'm running a souped up.22 cal P12 with a LW choked barrel and i'm getting great accuracy with the 23 grain. 1/2" at 50 yards or better. These things are very lethal down range. I have ordered another LW barrel that I plan to use the full 24" of length so I can try pushing the 28 grain boat tails. I doubt I will ever go back to pellets for hunting. 

Matt's video has really got the PCP community excited. In the past, FX has constructed their S.T. barrels around JSB Diablo pellets. Could FX be making these Smooth Twist-X barrels around the NSA Slugs? Or, could FX be making a new "in house" slug for their new higher twist barrels? Did FX fund Matt's new SA hunting trip in January to expose us to what these new projectiles can do? Is that the reason Matt began playing with slugs instead of pellets before the trip? I'm wondering and excited about what FX is going to surprise us with for 2018? Anyone else?

Ok, I got my 24" LW barrel installed. I'm throwing the NSA 23gr. at 930 fps, getting 1/2" 10 shot groups at 50 yards, putting down 30 fpe at 100 yards, and on top of all that these are hollow points. If you have a strong PCP just go ahead, order a LW barrel, have a machinist fit it to your gun, and buy some of these slugs. If i could I would send all my pellets to NSA so they could use the lead to make me more slugs. Can't wait to try these out on some game.

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a 100 yard group yet. Im thinking they will group well at that range since they buck the wind much better than a pellet and I'm getting about a 3-4 fps spread. As for the barrel you can order from Lothar Walther in Georgia, US or I believe also Germany. Google will lead you to their site. What has me excited about the slugs is i now will have plenty of energy with a hollowpoint at longer ranges vs a nonexpanding domed pellet. 

6663e0c45ca46077c630f3ee528b1e3a.jpg
This is the .22 swagged I purchased from Dale here on agnation.
.22-25 yards into a milk jug of water. 920 fps 2700 psi spring backed out all the way on the jkhan. 

I finally made it to the range with my modded .22 P12. I'm getting 3/4 inch 5 shot groups at 100yards with the 23gr. It seems like about 1 out of every 8-9 shots will open the group up to an inch or a little more. The one shot that opens the group up always goes to the right. Might take a closer look at the slugs and see it I can find any differences. The 28 grain boat tails arent quiet as good. About 1 1/2 10 shot groups. Nielsen now offers more weights and a sample pack. I now have the 21, 27, and 32 grain. I will let you guys know what I get next time i hit the range. So far I have tried these out on a few birds and a couple of squirrels and a rabbit. The slugs don't seem to expand when shooting birds. I think they just are not thick or dense enough to cause expansion. As for the squirrels and rabbit, they blow a nice big hole. ;)

I love the NSA slugs in every caliber. No, slugs will NOT break or hurt your barrel. (shakes head) In terms of accuracy I have not seen anything in 300+ shots that anyone would notice while hunting. I have used these for a couple of months now and I no longer use domed pellets to hunt with, only for target practice. Not only can I shoot farther and hit my target with more energy, the effect on target is night and day compared to JSB. The hollow points even work on squirrels, and take out vitals dead center that make headshots silly to take. I have two spinner targets at 20 and 35 yards respectively in my back yard. I loaded up the NSA slugs in my FX Crown and smacked both 2 inch targets without so much as thinking of adjusting my scope. They are very accurate. 

I love the NSA slugs, but hate that they are so expensive. I'm trying to find a mold in .25 cal that I can use, but I already swagg my own .357, .45 and .50 cal. 

"aa_limited"once air guns start going up to 22 rimfire specs. theres almost no need to go airgunning.
I like airgunning for what it is..
​low cost and the pellet don't travel like a rimfire does.
I like the cost and safty factor.

Sure there is..if you have a need for longer range and better BC's for hunting then these are perfect. Then you can go right back to your standard pellets for practice and plinking. These are PCP only so you have some pretty "quiet" options out there now. 

DT

My results so far with the NSA slugs have been awesome. I believe these will be the ticket for hunting and allow the air gunner to extend his range and effectiveness. 

.30/45gr NSA @ 870 from Edgun Matador .30. Gen 1
Shot into plumbers putty from 13yds. Recovered diameter is .49 inches. Turned it inside out. Violent expansion upon impact with huge hole. 

2f0e93d5e5df7cba3a319a0c3723eca3.jpg

ae2a06717d7904cc9b51739b6154e0b0.jpg

.22/23gr NSA @ 840 from Mutant Standard
Shot into plumbers putty at 13yds. Recovered diameter of .33 inches. Really nice rifling engagement. Good penetration and moderate but good expansion. Nowhere near the level of the .30 cal but would do a number on small game. 

064a8eb84ba1dde74f2c2370e54079f4.jpg