NSA Question | New box or Old???

Looking at changing our boxes to a plastic ratchet style box. Machinist would recognize these, same as endmills and some drill come in but bigger. These would be good in wet weather and reusable for ammo or other parts. Much more expensive than our boxes we currently use but looking to see what the shooters feel would be better.

You can see in the white box there are 25 caliber slugs in our normal count bag with foam on the top to keep them from moving around. Red is same size with it opened up to see what it looks like. Can be used for small parts, transfer pellets from tins for better protection and won't open up as easy. You have to squeeze the middle and pull up. Little harder to open.

I threw one of these boxes with our normal count of slugs in it up in the air about 10 feet up and let if drop. It took 3 of those tosses to get the plastic to split so I think they will hold up well to shipping.

I anticipate using these for 35 cal and below. The bigger slugs will stay in the boxes we currently use.

Which is better? New plastic or keep using the boxes?

20220214_111738.1644859254.jpg

20220214_112602.1644859596.jpg

I can ship more per USPS box if I switch to these plastic boxes so they lower my shipping costs. The biggest savings is labor. Our biggest bottle neck is people sitting there putting those boxes together, actually hurts your hands after a while. So even though these cost more, we can get more boxes made per hour. 

Cuts a lot of labor cost and allows us to get more product out the door quicker. They will cost less when you include shipping a labor savings. They still will fit tight in the boxes and if there is any place they will move we will put paper fill like we do with boxes.

I can ship more per USPS box if I switch to these plastic boxes so they lower my shipping costs. The biggest savings is labor. Our biggest bottle neck is people sitting there putting those boxes together, actually hurts your hands after a while. So even though these cost more, we can get more boxes made per hour. 

Cuts a lot of labor cost and allows us to get more product out the door quicker. They will cost less when you include shipping a labor savings. They still will fit tight in the boxes and if there is any place they will move we will put paper fill like we do with boxes.

After reading this, please use whatever box you like. Not being snarky. If it's better for your employees and helps your bottom line, then I'm all for it. I'm no tree hugger by any means. I was just thinking this is something else we have to worry about trying to recycle. You have provided a great resource for the air gunning community. I'm supporting your business regardless.

V/R

Keith.