NSA -Leshiy slugs

I didn't say doing it that way is ideal. I just said it could be done that way. Moving my barrel back to the puck is a non starter as I don't generally shot slugs out of the Leishy 2 and I'm not going to alter my setup just to be able to test long slugs.

Having said that, NSA .249 26.8 grain slugs fit in the magazine fine and don't fall out as long as you load them while the magazine is in the rifle and the rifle is pointed downward. Just remember to replace the retaining ring on the magazine before bringing the rifle back up. I was suprised at the accuracy of NSA .249 26.8 grain slugs. I was only shooting them a 834 ft/s and they were slug on slug at 30 meters.
Any chance you could give any info on your calculated arc with these at that speed? Sounds to me like 250mm at 130 bar?

Not sure if know but Edgun is now making slug specific magazines which will hold regular .25 and .30 slugs. With the magazines there is no need for the .303 slugs from NSA or AVS; the regular size will now work.
I thought this interesting myself. You make a magazine for smaller diameter slugs, but the barrel is still the same diameter. I though that slugging the barrel to find the correct slug fit was a must for accuracy. So explain to me how this is a good thing? Unless they’re planning on coming out with standard sized barrels to match.

I thought this interesting myself. You make a magazine for smaller diameter slugs, but the barrel is still the same diameter. I though that slugging the barrel to find the correct slug fit was a must for accuracy. So explain to me how this is a good thing? Unless they’re planning on coming out with standard sized barrels to match.
Yup, similarly confused about this :)

Reactions: madeintheuk
I would contact Brian at Edgun West. We sent these slugs to Edgun West for testing and fit all the new magazines he sells. Not sure if old mags are different but it is my understanding all new mags use these sizes. We made them based on specs we got from Edgun West. We have had a lot of good feedback for all the new slugs and we get a lot of repeat orders for them.

Alright. I just thought that Egdunshop Spain has a tech page where .22 caliber AP barrels groove is 5.61mm, i.e. .220
Older magazines cannot fit a .219 diameter slug and if the new magazines are even tighter...
I have a .218.8 diameter slug which I cast and sized myself and they fit in by pressing. The mold was purchased from MP-molds.

Altought I measured the slug diameter with a Mitutoyo caliper so it's not as accurate as measured with a micrometer

I ordered the .303 slugs from NSA, they wont fit in the L2 mag. Any idea why?
What mags do you have? There are multiple revisions of L2 mags out there. Metal, polymer, coated, non-coated, slug, regular... The NSA .303 slugs will not fit the original red aluminum mags. They fit the newer black polymer mags perfectly (regular mags, NOT slug mags). I know because I have these 2 varieties.

I also have a .25 with black aluminum mags and while the 33.5gr NSA slugs in .254 fit perfectly, the 38.5 grainers are a bit too tight and require some serious convincing to get in. Has anyone tried these in polymer mags? How's the fit?

All NSA slugs deliver great accuracy my Leshiys.

On a related note: I also compared .254 vs .250 and .303 vs .300. Interestingly enough, undersized slugs (.250 and .300) shoot at significantly lower velocities than the versions properly sized for the bore (.254 and .303): I see ~30-40fps differences from 450mm Alfa barrels! NSA clearly recommends .303 and .254 for the L2 for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: gerryccw
What mags do you have? There are multiple revisions of L2 mags out there. Metal, polymer, coated, non-coated, slug, regular... The NSA .303 slugs will not fit the original red aluminum mags. They fit the newer black polymer mags perfectly (regular mags, NOT slug mags). I know because I have these 2 varieties.

I also have a .25 with black aluminum mags and while the 33.5gr NSA slugs in .254 fit perfectly, the 38.5 grainers are a bit too tight and require some serious convincing to get in. Has anyone tried these in polymer mags? How's the fit?

On a related note: I also compared .254 vs .250 and .303 vs .300. Interestingly enough, undersized slugs (.250 and .300) shoot at significantly lower velocities than the versions properly sized for the bore (.254 and .303): I see ~30-40fps differences from 450mm Alfa barrels! NSA clearly recommends .303 and .254 for the L2 for a reason.
They are black aluminum, that measure .303 I.D.. as for other details, coated/ uncoated not sure how to tell. are the different variations of mags notated somehow? How do you know what your getting, what to order.
Incidentally, i have both red and black .22 mags and the .219” slugs fit right in with just enough friction to hold them in place.

How do you know what your getting, what to order.
You do not, and that's the problem. There are no different part numbers. As a result, the vendors most of the time do not know what they're selling... sometimes they're new, sometimes they're old stock. What contributes to the problem is that teflon coated aluminum mags are hard to tell apart from polymer mags, they feel plasticky and not as cold to the touch as the uncoated metal mags. One sure way to tell is to weigh them.

I guess your best bet is to email Brian @ EGW and specifically ask for a polymer mag before you order.

Yeah the light weight .254s are just as accurate as Kings out of my early model, pellet mag example. Moving pretty slow even, too.

There was no reason for anyone to jump on slug mags IMHO with NSA making this well thought out product. I'd love to try a 28 or 29gr .254......

Reactions: dorcula
I really love the knock down power of the NSA .178 20.5 gr slugs!
I just would like to have them fit the Leshiy 2 magazine better.

The .178 slugs are either not quite big enough for the Standard L2 Magazine, as the pellets do protrude out the breech side of the magazine.
Or, the slugs are a bit too big for the L2 Slug Magazine. The slugs can be pushed/forced into the L2 Slug Magazine, but that just feels wrong/seems like a bad practice.

225B29ED-6CDB-42FB-868B-5A6F1BF55478.jpeg

E6E7AAD2-75D5-460C-A5C4-2A12EC088FE0.jpeg