NSA -Leshiy slugs

The sizes we are making are .219, .254 and .303.

Brian has them available on his site now. We will have them available soon as well.

We made these per Brian's request specifically for the L2. Two weights each for now and see how they sell to determine if we will offer in other weights like we do with current calibers.

https://www.edgunwest.com/store/ammo/

Isn't using single shot tray's L2 impossible? I thought it was made so that shooting from the magazine is the only possibility?

I have casted few bullet/slug models and sizing them on NOE's die. It drops them in diameter .218,8 and they fit in the .22 L2 magazine with just a little pressing. Has anyone already had time to try whether the NSA's .219 fits in the magazine? My L2 has Alpha Precision's barrel

Isn't using single shot tray's L2 impossible? I thought it was made so that shooting from the magazine is the only possibility?

I have casted few bullet/slug models and sizing them on NOE's die. It drops them in diameter .218,8 and they fit in the .22 L2 magazine with just a little pressing. Has anyone already had time to try whether the NSA's .219 fits in the magazine? My L2 has Alpha Precision's barrel
You can use the magazine for one shot. Open the breach. Remove magazine ring from magazine. Insert one slug in the magazine position that is aligned with the barrel. Replace magazine ring. Close breach. Shoot and repeat the process.

Yes. You are right. But that doesn't remove the problem that the mazines don't have wide enough holes to fit slugs of the right diameter if you have an Alpha Precision barrel in use. If it were possible to use a single shot tray, that problem would probably go away, and you could use longer slugs as you wouldn't have to worry about whether the magazine could rotate.
But I've been hearing that there is maybe coming new design magazines for slugs. That would be awesome thing

You can use the magazine for one shot. Open the breach. Remove magazine ring from magazine. Insert one slug in the magazine position that is aligned with the barrel. Replace magazine ring. Close breach. Shoot and repeat the process.
If you're going to go that far, why bother putting the slug in the magazine? Just put it straight into the barrel and leave the magazine empty.

Or even better, get rid of the magazine and slide the barrel back so that it seals against the transfer port seal / puck.

Here is what I have done to get these slugs to fit. I got a .300 reamer and drilled a hole in some steel, used the reamer, then use some jb paste to smooth out the hole some more. I then use a press that I have to push the slugs thru. They are still tight in the magazine but not nearly as tight as before running them thru the sizer.
20220706_113443.jpg

I also made a jig to help with seating the slugs in the magazine. All you do is put the slugs into the magazine as far as you can, then place the side of the magazine with the slugs out of it into the side of the jig with the cutout for the magazine. Then set the other half of the jig over the other side of the magazine. Then you just squeese them together or if need be just tap with a hammer. It will seat the slugs all the way into the magazine.
20220704_112148.jpg
20220704_112148.jpg
20220704_112205.jpg
20220704_112224.jpg

If you're going to go that far, why bother putting the slug in the magazine? Just put it straight into the barrel and leave the magazine empty.

Or even better, get rid of the magazine and slide the barrel back so that it seals against the transfer port seal / puck.
I didn't say doing it that way is ideal. I just said it could be done that way. Moving my barrel back to the puck is a non starter as I don't generally shot slugs out of the Leishy 2 and I'm not going to alter my setup just to be able to test long slugs.

Having said that, NSA .249 26.8 grain slugs fit in the magazine fine and don't fall out as long as you load them while the magazine is in the rifle and the rifle is pointed downward. Just remember to replace the retaining ring on the magazine before bringing the rifle back up. I was suprised at the accuracy of NSA .249 26.8 grain slugs. I was only shooting them a 834 ft/s and they were slug on slug at 30 meters.