• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NSA alternative to FX Hybrids?

Just got a new 1:22" twist 30cal 700mm liner for my Impact and so far it's looking VERY promising so far with the FX slugs. Has anyone had any experience with this liner and tested any of the NSA's to give an opinion? Supposedly the liner is built around the Hybrid slugs and 44.75 pellets so I'm leaning toward the three lighter weight NSA's (43.8, 47.2 or 49.5's). 

Jking 

I shoot NSA 26.8gr slugs out of my Dreamline and Impact Mk II and they both have 700mm barrels. I shoot both at ~950fps. I found that under 900fps the groups were loose. 925-950 seems to be the sweet spot. I’m very pleased with NSA in all my guns and they are more economical. I know this wasn’t specific to the 30cal question but, wanted to share my experience.

I tried the 47.2 with mixed results. Seems like some times they grouped decent at 50yds then the next time not so well. The Hybrids are still shooting very well though. No more than I plan to shoot the 30cal slugs the Hybrids may be ok, dollar wise.. 

I would be interested in trying a few of the 49.5's or doing a trade for a box of my 47.2's. 

Jking

I have one of the earlier .030 700mm slug liners that shoots everything great. I shoot the 66gn NSA at 947fps. My original sideshot magazine has been milled to fit them.

I don't know the twist rate without pulling the liner.

How are you getting that much velocity?

I have a gen 3 dual transfer port, matching probe, a heavier hammer spring, a lighter valve spring and i can only get the 66.5grn nielsons to shoot at 850fps.

There are lots of posts on the work I did to it over a year ago but the main one is drilling and tapping the rear block to 14mm for greatly improved flow from the external plenum. The barrel is lightly polished and treated with Dow Corning Molykote M77 to reduce friction and leading. Every part has been worked to increase airflow and that velocity comes at 150 bar. I'm going up to .35 cal now but I'm reinforcing the feed mechanism first to handle extra recoil.

Superior Heavy, NSA 49.5gr @950fps =
1f4b0.svg

Just to clarify CR, what twist is that liner?

jk

Superior Heavy is 1:22

New Superior Standard STX is 1:26 ( for pellets and hybrds)

Original Superior STX is now called STX Superior "slow twist" 1:37