NSA 34.7gr Review and Performance from a RAW HM1000X 25cal

I had to try it. I ordered 200 34.7gr HP pellets from NSA. The order process is painless and easy. Confirmation of the order and the shipping was prompt and timely. The pellets arrived packaged USPS priority in a well padded envelope and cushioned box. Visually in perfect condition and as good as the best condition as any JSB's that I've seen.
I used my RAW HM1000X with the polygon barrel for my test. At the time of testing it was shooting the NSA's at an average of 838 at the muzzle and at 48.8yds it was still at 780avg.
FYI, just for information the maximum velocity I could get out of my RAW shooting the NSA's was 898-899, while the Heavies at the same gun settings was 920fps.
e964600b77995e2dea2c1ea194780a3e.jpg

They measure .330" long and EXACTLY .250" diameter. Actually a tad shorter than a JSB Heavy MKI (.355"). They also work perfectly in RAW magazine.
As for the BC that I calculated to the best of my ability and not knowing exactly what type of projectile to compare it to in Chairgun I used the normal Diabolo profile.
54254f3a6c98bc436a1fe37d96eb93e5.jpg

I had a 11mph tail wind so your mileage may vary.. 
For accuracy testing I shot it at 50 and 80yds. This is just some sample groups that I got. Not great but not so bad either. One thing that I noticed is how clean of a hole they made. I didn't see any spiraling on the shots. I also didn't test it at maximum velocity yet either so I don't know if more velocity will help the groups or not.
50yds
e7f71d727e4c9aeb28079cbea76859ed.jpg

80yds.
2f262fcada42f24547e19a9339ab2e27.jpg

Overall they had about the accuracy I expected and I don't know that I would use them for anything other than hunting and the RAW being as heavy as it is probably won't be my hunting gun preference. The RAW was the only gun I tried them out of since the barrel is not choked. I have a FX500 that I might try them out of just for grins. Hope you enjoyed my review. Any comment or ideas are welcomed.
JK

Reactions: SMH77 and mmahoney
Thanks for posting this Jking, I definitely want to try some of these I'll add them to my next order when I go over the border next. Very interested to see how these shoot out of your FX500 and looking promising out of your RAW no doubt! Slinging them at 900 is some big energy would make a mess of anything it hit.

Looks like they would fit FX mags as well, I want to see these hit some ballistics gelatin and open up. (or pests)

2D1C, I think the photo being 20X larger than actual pellet size does show any imperfection. Comparing in normal state they look much better. Thanks Glem, about the only pest I have available is the collar Eurasian dove. Probably not much chance of finding that spent pellet. I'm thinking to get the full benefit out of these rounds larger quarry is the needed. Coyote, fox, hares, wood chuck etc.
jk

Seth
Yup, NSA ships fast and with priority mail. Don't you wish everyone would. I think they are a fine round for hunting inside 80yd's and depending on the gun maybe 100yds. I had a good group (.74) at 80 but I don't think I could rely on it being that good every time especially in a hunting situation when your adrenaline is running rampant. Maybe some boat tails would fare better if we're looking just for accuracy and long range performance. Please keep us posted on how yours performs.
Best of luck
Jimmy

For some reason I just now found your review Jimmy-thanks for posting this! I had fairly good results with the slugs from RatSniper, but didn't have enough rounds to really assess accuracy. The BC's were outstanding though. I plan to order some more to assess accuracy, long range. I'm hoping I can find a good .25 cal slug that will be accurate out to long ranges (like 150-200 yards).

Thanks again for posting +1 to you!

Sean

BTW, you should use the G1 profile for slugs and GA for diabolo pellets. The G1 profile almost perfectly fits the shape of the slug, while the GA was developed to capture the appropriate drag coefficient for diabolo shapes. So the BC for this slug should be: 0.0786 (assuming you entered all the environmental conditions into Chairgun correctly before calculating the BC). Hope that helps...

Sean

I skipped the 34.7s and ordered 36 and 39 grainers for my Cricket carbine. 

Haven't put them through there paces yet but shot 10 at 51 yards yesterday and I'm pleased with what I saw...

Sighted at 40yds with JSB heavies at 905fps and this is the result of 10 quick shots off the hood of my truck with the 36 grainers. I do want to try some Rat sniper wicked hollow points also.
1540917561_5182440625bd88939c8f741.10651066_20181029_194052.jpg