NSA 21g slugs in LW barreled .22 Synrod

On Feb 17th I ordered some 21g slugs from Nielson Specialty Ammo vie abay. I was very anxious to get them but they didn't ship until the 22nd and didn't show up until yesterday. 

My .22 Synrod has a MM LW barrel and just by looking down it I'm estimating a 1:16 or 1:18 twist rate so I was hoping it would shoot them well. My Synrod is tuned to shoot JSB 18.1g at 860fps so I knew these 21g with their extra weight and more barrel contact area would be slower. Today I opened one garage door about 2/3, set up the shooting bench in one corner and trecked through the 20 degree weather and 6" of snow to put a target at 37 yards (the furthest I could conveniently get without going off-road in my boots). I shot a five shot group with the normal JSB tune settings and they were about 2.5" lower and about a 1" group strung horizontally. I then turned the striker in two turns and shot another group. No noticeable change in point of impact and again a 1" horizontally strung group. I tried two more striker turns and that didn't change anything either. 

I was hoping for better accuracy so I could bird/squirrel hunt at long ranges. I wouldn't have any hesitation shooting a pigeon at 40 yards with these slugs knowing they hit 2.5" lower. I may have to get a heavier hammer spring and chrono them as what I read is slugs like a faster fps. I don't want to go with a heavier slug than 21g with this Synrod.

Any suggestions? 

On a straight comparison shooting slugs to pellets at 80yds, the slugs are about 1.5" higher than pellets. In this comparison I'm shooting 22.5gr Varmint Knockers at 925fps compared to 25gr RD Monsters at about 890fps. My barrel is 1:17 twist rate, from what I could tell pushing a rod through and is also choked. I think the ideal speed for the monsters is more like 940-960fps but I haven't had the time to tune it back up that high and am in below freezing conditions as well which makes it harder. I'd like to see what the slugs can do at 1000+fps but all in all, these hollow point slugs fly straighter in wind (by a lot at distance!!), drop less and man-o-man do they open up nicely on impact!! They also retain a lot of energy... even though the pellet has 1 more foot pound of energy at the barrel, the bullet has 5 foot pounds more energy at range and dumps every bit of it instead of always passing right through. Have some 28gr slugs that open up from .22 to .44 on impact as well!!

Dubber was right slugs are the future, I hope JSB starts offering some. I'm sick of dumping half of my pellets out because of their bitched up skirts...

Just got back from vacation last night. Today I installed a 10# hammer spring & did some testing.

Stock hammer spring & settings tuned for JSB 18.1g @ 860fps.

JSB 18.1g average fps 858 = 29.6 FPE

NSA 21g slugs average fps 777 = 28.2 FPE

Swapped in the 10# hammer spring, other settings unchanged

JSB 18.1g average fps 876 = 31.8 FPE

NSA 21g slugs average fps 798 = 29.8 FPE

10# hammer spring & transfer port 4.75 turns open

JSB 18.1g average fps 893 = 32.1 FPE

NSA 21g slugs average fps 818 = 31.2 FPE

I did not test for groups as it was snowy and cold, just wanted to check velocities. Shooting at stuff at 50 yards seemed accurate. I'd really like to get the 21g slugs to the 900+fps range, more work to do. Any recommended modifications to get this velocity without breaking the bank?