• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

NRL22???

I shoot NRL22 and it is a lot of fun! I shoot rimfire, not airgun though, because my airguns are not accurate enough to compete. It was cheaper to buy a 22lr than a competitive air rifle. The NRL22 site has the specific rules for air rifles, which have changed this year. You can shoot slugs but only in .22 and can go up to (I believe) .30 but must use pellets in the higher calibers. Be aware, the "official" stages (the ones whose scores are reported to NRL22 national) are only 100 yds but there are additional stages designed by your local match director that can go upwards of 300 yds. It'll be more fun if you have something that can shoot more than 100 yds. I would love to see what a well tuned FX Impact 30 cal could do against rimfires.

The NRL22 site has the specific rules for air rifles, which have changed this year. You can shoot slugs but only in .22 and can go up to (I believe) .30 but must use pellets in the higher calibers. Be aware, the "official" stages (the ones whose scores are reported to NRL22 national) are only 100 yds but there are additional stages designed by your local match director that can go upwards of 300 yds. It'll be more fun if you have something that can shoot more than 100 yds. I would love to see what a well tuned FX Impact 30 cal could do against rimfires.

Just to clarify that rule, their website states "6. Air Rifle class is for air gunners. If the shooter chooses to use domed pellets the Air Rifle must be a .30 caliber or lower. If the shooter chooses to use slugs, the Air Rifle must be a .25 caliber or lower and the slugs must weigh 45 grains or less. Tethered tanks are not allowed. Projectiles must be mass produced."

https://nrl22.org/about/rules/