N/A Now that the over the barrel airtube.......

So now that the over the barrel airtube is becoming more and more common it's really time a Manufacturer comes out with a cowboy lever action ( how many tactical guns with bottles hanging out in all directions do we need ? )

So a nice fat bull barrel/airtube, same size airtube under it and even possibly a little extra air reservoir inside the buttstock, maybe revisit the inline magazine like the Careers use to have.

C'mon, I bet it would be a nice seller and lots of shooters will love to have one on the gun rack.
Make it with nice proportions like a slim 45-70 Henry, Don't get me wrong I love tactical guns but I also love a nice old school cowboy lever action and with the reservoir over the barrel concept I think someone could come out with a good looking model.

....love the looks of the new FX wood guns with no tube or bottle, simple and clean.

I will take my lever gun in .45-70. That is .45 caliber and 70cc Power Plenum ;).

I do not like replica air rifles/pistols et al. So the lever air rifle would need to stand on it's own merit, even if not a .45-70.

That pretend magazine that is a plenum on the new FX is a solid pass for me. I will not purchase bolt PBs with a non-flush magazine, darned if I will with an air rifle with a faux magazine.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
O i am so for a lever action gun, i am so for replicas of actual classic rifles, that can also shoot well.
And i do not need those to be large caliber, .177 would be fine for me, even if i was not locked to that caliber by my rulers.

In the case of a lever action, at it would probably be hard to stack 1 pellet in front of the other in the tube magazine, then it will have to be a slug shooter.
Also i wouldn't even mind if such rifles only had a on board plenum CUZ i always shoot tethered. but " i am probably very alone in that feeling.

Likewise i would take a PCP pistol with no air tank but a tether to a tank on the belt and only a on board plenum, in order to push things hard and fast out of a little barrel.
Air tanks on PCP pistols ruin " the feeling " for me much more than it do on rifles.
But a plenum in the grip or around a pistol barrel, should be doable.

O i am so for a lever action gun, i am so for replicas of actual classic rifles, that can also shoot well.
And i do not need those to be large caliber, .177 would be fine for me, even if i was not locked to that caliber by my rulers.

In the case of a lever action, at it would probably be hard to stack 1 pellet in front of the other in the tube magazine, then it will have to be a slug shooter.
Also i wouldn't even mind if such rifles only had a on board plenum CUZ i always shoot tethered. but " i am probably very alone in that feeling.

Likewise i would take a PCP pistol with no air tank but a tether to a tank on the belt and only a on board plenum, in order to push things hard and fast out of a little barrel.
Air tanks on PCP pistols ruin " the feeling " for me much more than it do on rifles.
Yeah I would love a .25 or .30
as for stacking pellets inline ?....... that is what the old Career magazine where and they shot pellets just fine ( I think I could load 10 in my Career .22 )

Just need to revisit and upgrade/polish/modernize the shuttle system that chambers the round.

Idk about using a tube, they would likely get stuck or damaged in the loading process. I like the idea of it though, specially given that you could just pour the slugs or pellets in. Have you seen the lever action seneca? Something like that but with the air wrapped around the barrel like @Nomadic Pirate 66 said would look really good.

Who doesn't love a well made lever action ? ;)
And why wouldn't you love a well made lever action?🥲
giphy-4183708132.gif

Idk about using a tube, they would likely get stuck or damaged in the loading process. I like the idea of it though, specially given that you could just pour the slugs or pellets in. Have you seen the lever action seneca? Something like that but with the air wrapped around the barrel like @Nomadic Pirate 66 said would look really good.
The magazine is not in the tube, but in the receiver just research the old Career lever action system it worked real good just needs some enginering upgrade to make it more smooth

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Dident some lever action also have the magazine in the stock, my hazy thinking goo seem to think that
I am slug minded as i think in this case slugs can take a bit rougher handling VS a pellet that you have to chamber really careful.

Also something like this, i could imagine that it would be much tailored to a specific ammo, so probably not going to be able to cram anything in it and still have the mechanics work proberly.

I would also be good with that, i just want something that look the part and shoot strait and are not steel BBs or Plastic balls.
And i would prefer to not have to load every shot into a bullet shaper carrier like you see in many revolvers, also i could not bother picking those up, CUZ getting up and down these days, not as easy or graceful as it use to be.

Now i think i will have to look into how lever action rifles work in the first place, i have handled a couple of Winchesters in my day, one was even a gold plated special edition.
But never given much thought to how they actually work, i would assume a under barrel magazine you need the bullet to be lifted up to barrel height and then rammed in there before the breech close.

Last edited:
Dident some lever action also have the magazine in the stock, my hazy thinking goo seem to think that
I am slug minded as i think in this case slugs can take a bit rougher handling VS a pellet that you have to chamber really careful.

Also something like this, i could imagine that it would be much tailored to a specific ammo, so probably not going to be able to cram anything in it and still have the mechanics work proberly.

I would also be good with that, i just want something that look the part and shoot strait and are not steel BBs or Plastic balls.
And i would prefer to not have to load every shot into a bullet shaper carrier like you see in many revolvers, also i could not bother picking those up, CUZ getting up and down these days, not as easy or graceful as it use to be.

Now i think i will have to look into how lever action rifles work in the first place, i have handled a couple of Winchesters in my day, one was even a gold plated special edition.
But never given much thought to how they actually work, i would assume a under barrel magazine you need the bullet to be lifted up to barrel height and then rammed in there before the breech close.
Actually the Career magazines handled everything, I used to shoot bullets, pellets and roundballs out of the .357s, in these days there was no bullets for .25 and .22 so I only used pellets but the system is the same,........nothing like tube fed lever action Firearms tho.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Funny you bring this up, I resealed my career last night and was reminded of an idea I had for it. I want to make it a single tube gun. I love the gun but hate the double tube. It ruins the lines and makes it unwieldy. I would take less shot count and a better looking gun over the extra air of an ugly double tube. Now if a company were to make a lever action with a single tube or better yet a shroud air tube, I would buy that and sell the career.