Now it is Personal , Coyote attacked Titus when Colleen took him out side Today

I forgot to mention that I like to target shoot, but can't handle much recoil anymore.. otherwise I would be saving a lot longer and getting a texan 45 lss.. but that makes open sights even harder.. course the Benjamin bulldog is easy to get open sights for but I'm worried about the recoil since I get sore from a dozen shots from my Gamo 22 viper garden shotgun.. and not to mention that I don't know why they couldn't have made the bulldog look like a maurader.. they seriously beat that gun with the ugly stick.. guess I just don't care for the futuristic design and all the plastic..

Reactions: qball
I forgot to mention that I like to target shoot, but can't handle much recoil anymore.. otherwise I would be saving a lot longer and getting a texan 45 lss.. but that makes open sights even harder.. course the Benjamin bulldog is easy to get open sights for but I'm worried about the recoil since I get sore from a dozen shots from my Gamo 22 viper garden shotgun.. and not to mention that I don't know why they couldn't have made the bulldog look like a maurader.. they seriously beat that gun with the ugly stick.. guess I just don't care for the futuristic design and all the plastic..

I own two Bulldogs, and recoil is minimal. It's not Daisy .177 cal, but it's not a .380 ACP pistol either.

It's also more recoil than my FX Maverick .30 cal, so let that be your gauge.

estarky7

thanks for the reply, for some reason pistol recoil is ok, I shoot 38 and occasionally 357.. but I put the 38 in my lever action and it is a little too much for fun, unless I shoot from the hip.. and I years ago had rws 34 and 48 and it didn't bother me.. however now 10 shots out of the Gamo 22 viper garden shotgun with either pellets or shot and the fun is over.. with that said I think I better stick with 30 caliber or 25.. my American tactical Nova Liberty 22 caliber is a wonderful gun, so I guess I am inclined to get the avenger in 25 caliber but also considering the gauntlet gen 2 in 30 caliber when it comes out in April.. the Nova Liberty 22 is from what I have been told the predecessor for the avenger, it doesn't have a regulator pressure gauge but it is regulated best guess is 1700-1800.. but I don't know for sure because I don't have a chrony..

so if you or anyone else that knows something about ballistics could advise me on caliber and or gun I would really appreciate it.. also any way to mount open sights on either.. my Nova Liberty 22 if you look at it from one side looks identical to the avenger except it's from back when they put open sights on them..

again thank you so much for your reply

Mark

The recoil from the Bulldog is unlike any firearm recoil, as it's like a gentle push, where firearm recoil is like a sudden punch. I've shot 8 hour range days with the Bulldog with not a care in the world. The only issue with all big bores, are that they use tons of air, which sucks if you want to target shoot. A stock Bulldog .357 only gives you 10 shots per fill, so that means I went through almost two 45 min SCBA tanks for a day at the range. That's a lot of air! 😃

estarky7

thanks for the reply I appreciate it and like knowing more about different guns and especially like that it's American made..

so as far as recoil how does your Benjamin bulldog compare to a 22 spring gun?? assuming that you have had a chance to fire a springer..

air would not be a problem for me, I don't remember what brand but I have a 12 volt compressor that will go to 5000psi and it has a converter for 110..

you should really check out the pitbull.. you can get your gun done by pitbull or get the kit for around $500.. then you have a lot bigger air tank, it goes a little past your current muzzle and then they have a moderator that makes it all look good.. plus if you stay with stock power level it will get over 20 shots .. oh I forgot to mention that it converts it to regulated and you have a pressure gauge for the regulator and a separate one for the tank.. and if you have enough air tank pressure or a compressor it will take 4500 psi tank pressure.. I don't think their moderator is nearly as good as Donny FL.. but definitely quieter than stock..

you might change my mind on caliber depending on how you think the recoil is compared to a springer.. the Benjamin bulldog and pitbull regulator kit was one of my first choices even though I don't really like bullpup design.. but I am finding a lot more ammo available in 30 caliber or 25 caliber but I hesitate on 25 because I don't know how it compares to 22 PCP.. I know that the pellets are double the weight of 22 and it appears that if you stay with around 950 fps in any caliber that is more accurate.. just wish I could find someone who knows ballistics and know what caliber would be more accurate..25,30 or 357.. and it appears that if you get say 25 caliber and use slugs and keep it around 950 fps it gets around the same energy as 30 caliber with standard pellets..

I guess not knowing myself from experience there's too many options..haha

thanks for the info on the bulldog

Mark

I'm still evaluating pitbull...after having purchased one of their top of the line offerings. 

I do appreciate Americans doing American Industry and keeping Americans employed, as well as their post sale communications. American time and equipment and the expertise to run that equipment is not cheap, so I hope they and other U.S. companies continue to grow, as I am not a fan of off-shoring and the de-industrialization of the United States. 

But from what I understand that new avenger bullpup is pretty accurate, and without tariffs, damn inexpensive. I am still debating getting one to experiment with and learn more about airguns. I would hate to experiement and potentially ruin a much more expensive pcp rifle.

glad you got the coyote under control.. packs can really get out of control.. glad your dog is doing better.. pets, especially dogs are like family, so I am glad you still have him.. hopefully you have many more years together.. it's a sad thing how actually short their life is compared to us.. just buried my daughter's old border collie, great good old working dog.. made it almost 16 years.. sad day today..

so cherish every moment you have with your buddy..

take care

Mark

Yes sad when dogs die , Titus and I have a routine when squirrel hunting he helps me skin each one I have him grab fur and I hold back legs and he pulls skin off lol . Id also say he eats 70% of them and I eat rest , He loves chipmunks as well he loves them crisp fried

I did hear in town police had to take out a coyote with mange or rabies which was trying to attack pets this week

I been scanning woods with my thermal days and nights and also if I wake up during night it has been 8 days 0 coyotes even across the trout river , I see many squirrels in woods and yard , boy them suckers stand out like a sore thumb with the thermals , I can spot them like 250 yds away running on ground or in trees , Cant bag any due to season is closed here till fall , YOte season and crow season here is open all year , I dont usually mess with crows unless when garden is growing if they are taking out plants m I have more a chipmunk issue then anything to be honest , This will be first season with the halo with chipmunks last few yrs when using thermal I was using my ATN thor 5-50 but I had upgraded it to a 1x to 8x HALO , I run it at 1x to 2x and like white hot best.

I was laying down this morning when I heard wife screaming and I heard Titus yelp and I ran outside to see 2 Coyotes one Titus was fighting it got him I got like 2 foot from it before it took off , Now I am going to take every Coyote in my yard . I told Colleen to carry my .357 she was too scared , so I did teach her to shoot leshiy over the years , so Today I starting modifying my 22 cal leshiy and put a ,357 barrel on it and I had to drill out an adapter for mounting a donny to a leshiy barrel I enlarged hole to like .400 so it would not clip I then mounted my .30 emperor on it and popped on a 5x immersion on it , as she didnt care for my Eotech red dot ,

I my self have my Evol 30 on my tripod with my thermal loaded with 66 gr slugs . In cameras I spotted about 15 or so of them , I had not taken one out as they have not killed any neighbors pets latley but now I am going to target all of them and wont rest till they all gone , We got Titus stable where the coyote had bit his side , like balloned out like it had a softball inder his fur , We went and got a #20 drainge needle and a Syringe and I removed over 12 ounces of blood in 3 separate places I punctured him to get rid of the blood , I felt so bad seeing all this blood coming out of him and he was in pain , I am pissed , I am glad he survived attack I mean he is 14 now , I know 6 yrs ago he would of been not as easy a mark but being they got him by surprise , plus he is now deaf , he didnt hear it coming ,But I am glad he did not die or they didnt get my wife for this matter from now on she will pack the .35 cal leshiy I made here .

Titus I will fight to redeem your honor and reclaim the yard

LOU

View attachment 204212View attachment 204217

View attachment 204227View attachment 204238View attachment 204248View attachment 204256
Kill'em All

Out here in New Mexico coyote's are a big problem. They no longer choose to live deep in the desert but prefer to live right on the outskirts of town or in city/town limits. I shoot them on the spot if I see them anywhere near my yard. In fact, I built up my M3 30cal sniper because two moved into the yard right behind my neighbor. That house has been unoccupied for about year. Since building the 30 cal I haven't them but the day before my rifle arrived I sat there and watched one of those coyote's scaling the walls and strolling through neighbors yards. Dogs are already missing as well as cats. The day is coming when one of those coyotes will be out there as the same time as me.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Out here in New Mexico coyote's are a big problem. They no longer choose to live deep in the desert but prefer to live right on the outskirts of town or in city/town limits. I shoot them on the spot if I see them anywhere near my yard. In fact, I built up my M3 30cal sniper because two moved into the yard right behind my neighbor. That house has been unoccupied for about year. Since building the 30 cal I haven't them but the day before my rifle arrived I sat there and watched one of those coyote's scaling the walls and strolling through neighbors yards. Dogs are already missing as well as cats. The day is coming when one of those coyotes will be out there as the same time as me.
Yup. Have those critters running up and down the streets here in Rio Rancho also. When my wife was walking one day she saw a little dog barking inside the door of someone's house and the owner let it out and it ran across the road right into a coyotes mouth. Yikes! Time for some lead pills.

Reactions: abqjoe