Now it is Personal , Coyote attacked Titus when Colleen took him out side Today

I was laying down this morning when I heard wife screaming and I heard Titus yelp and I ran outside to see 2 Coyotes one Titus was fighting it got him I got like 2 foot from it before it took off , Now I am going to take every Coyote in my yard . I told Colleen to carry my .357 she was too scared , so I did teach her to shoot leshiy over the years , so Today I starting modifying my 22 cal leshiy and put a ,357 barrel on it and I had to drill out an adapter for mounting a donny to a leshiy barrel I enlarged hole to like .400 so it would not clip I then mounted my .30 emperor on it and popped on a 5x immersion on it , as she didnt care for my Eotech red dot ,

I my self have my Evol 30 on my tripod with my thermal loaded with 66 gr slugs . In cameras I spotted about 15 or so of them , I had not taken one out as they have not killed any neighbors pets latley but now I am going to target all of them and wont rest till they all gone , We got Titus stable where the coyote had bit his side , like balloned out like it had a softball inder his fur , We went and got a #20 drainge needle and a Syringe and I removed over 12 ounces of blood in 3 separate places I punctured him to get rid of the blood , I felt so bad seeing all this blood coming out of him and he was in pain , I am pissed , I am glad he survived attack I mean he is 14 now , I know 6 yrs ago he would of been not as easy a mark but being they got him by surprise , plus he is now deaf , he didnt hear it coming ,But I am glad he did not die or they didnt get my wife for this matter from now on she will pack the .35 cal leshiy I made here .

Titus I will fight to redeem your honor and reclaim the yard

LOU

0203221338b.1643930859.jpg
0203221338.1643930858.jpg

0203221507.1643930889.jpg
0203221507_HDR.1643930891.jpg
0203221507a.1643930892.jpg
0203221835a.1643931802.jpg

Hello I'm very sad to hear about your dachshund I hope he's ok. We have 2 long hair ones as well and great dogs. Good luck with your efforts to remove those coyotes. You can not always be awake or home all the time, some times you may have to uses traps and dispose of them when you get up or home. Hope all works out with Titus and good luck on your removal efforts Eric

107B0E51-8B55-4FBE-AD94-241D511279C7.1643935584.jpeg

You can borrow my Titus. Coyotes will have a harder time bullying him around. Loves kids and comes to Tighty poopoo! Shipping might be pricey on a 70 pound pitbull! Couldn’t get the picture to rotate.

In all sincerity I’m glad the little guy is ok. We’ve got 3 dogs, two cats and a turtle that live in harmony with us on our property. We’re very protective of them. Good luck with the Wiley, good looking setup!

.30 cal Impact Compact with thermal and Edgun Supermag .25 with nightvision are my coyote night time recipes and have a Daystate Wolverine 30 with 1x10 Athlon for daytime calling setups. All headshots 100 yds or less. Will be experimenting this coming yr with an Impact 2 in 22 and the 40gr ZAN for my first slug gun on coyotes. I have hunted them privately and professionally for decades. I believe there have been 5 attacks on human children this year already. Golf courses, deer leases, and trailer courts and ranches are my current best places for eradication. The sad part is I usually get the call after the pet (cats, dogs etc) has been drug away and killed. Coyotes are very smart and eat absolutely anything. When they move in, much desirable wildlife disappears.

Reactions: abqjoe
Sling lead until there is no more lead to sling! I am so glad you're dog survived and your wife was not injured. I have everything ready to go yote hunting on public grounds this year. I will either be taking my Benjamin Bulldog .357 with ATN Thermal or my yet to be purchased FX Maverick in .30cal rocking the same thermal. Just waiting for Krale to process my refund for the Kalibr Argus and then it's just to decide on the Maverick VP or the Sniper.

HI thanks for all replies Titus is going threw some tough stuff we gave him some vitamin B12 and got him some beef liver to help make blood , we had to massage him with CBD creme for pain and gave him a bit to eat, I noticed he did pee a little blood ugg , but his spirit is good , we got all the blood growths gone , now and got his ribs on ice , I put him inbed soon then I am off to deck or yard with theEvol 30 and the Halo X50 Thermal , I got where with thermal on 2x I can hit a steel plate with 2 lines of hold over at 109 yards , and 1 line at 75 yards , pretty much no hold from 20 to 50 yds , I expect to see them first at 100 yds as i see tracks coming out of woods like with 20 or more sets of tracks , I did notice in back yard their is an area with literately hundreds of tracks and in my garden many , it had snowed last week like blizzard m and I can see as their was no snow prior so all tracks is under 4 days old .

Last few yrs , I had hunted bad and manged coyotes with my edgun 30 super long , and I used my R5m22 which also got 5 in past few yrs , I also got one at 75 yrds with my taipan veteran with a mp 34 gr slug and my edgun just loved my casted 52 grainers , but My EVOL shoots most ammo good , it shoots the 60 gr to 66 gr much better , I only had 1 coyote go over 10 yards with a 30 cal , When I got them with 22 pcps all were running slugs at 65 to 70fpe they all were dead on feet , but ran up to 60 yrds , I got most directly threw heart , I dont go for head shots with them I had only 1 get away and was with a head shot with a hollow point ,

The 66 gr will be packing like 114 fpe mand going 881 fps I chrono it with my FX Chrono today and made sure it is spot on , I did put out 3 chimes for driveway , so far 1 went off however it was a BOBCAT not a yote which is pretty rare I see them at 9pm usually here they lurk in the 1 to 3 am time , but again he was close to where titus was attacked , I am thinking their is a Quail pen close by , I am now thinking the smell and sounds of quail bring them here as it is winter

Reactions: SoulSniper
Sorry about your dog. I kept dashunds when I was a kid. They punch way above their weight and are very intelligent.

Don't take the advice of those who urge you to cripple or main those ' totes. It is foolish to cripple an animal that may become more aggressive when wounded and that sort of "vengeance" is for children.

Good luck with your predator control problem.