Now I know what the Accu-tac hype is all about.

I'll be going on a 12 mile hike in the Sandia Mountains tomorrow with 43lbs of gear.....but not to hunt, just for fun. The only hunting I do with my air rifles outside of pesting on my property, is coyote hunting in the desert or on ranches. I scout area's beforehand so that I am not wondering around aimlessly. I hear the same arguments being raised about firearms too. I've always felt that if one has an issue with weight that they should do some more exercising. Because if the weight of a weapon is too much for them, then said weight is the least of their problems.
43lbs of gear? What on earth are you carrying for such a short trip?

I really want one but for now it's out of my price range. Thoughts on panning as a feature? I dunno if buying one with extensions is worth it. Perhaps just buying a decent tripod is better.
many, i might say most, have little use for a panning feature, unless hunting hogs or something like that (moving targets).
there are competitions with moving targets where it might be useful as well.
generally however, for precision shooting you should be straight behind the rifle with a natural point of aim. panning means you are neither.
*natural point of aim means that in a supported position, when your crosshairs are on the bullseye, you can close your eyes and relax, and not shift your poa.
you will probably find very few long range prs shooters using a bipod that pans.

btw, i am a king of rationalizations (a buy once - cry once type).
i rarely eat out, even fast food is rare...
and each time i consider eating out and don't, i put that money in a virtual piggy bank for things i want.
these days, with the price of everything to eat, your bank will fill up fast (unless you already eat at home most of the time).

Last edited:
I waste money sometimes buying stuff that is too cheap to work well. One of my $20 bipods is like that, the other (a UTG) is OK. I get a lot of enjoyment when my "cheap stuff" works well. I am not threatening the top shooters but I like the fact that my under $500 guns and under $200 scopes are not preventing me from shooting scores better than a few people who have spent maybe 3X as much, for instance at the 30 yard challenge. I kind of feel the same about my $75 bipod. I fully accept that bipods that cost a lot more are nicer and work better. But I like the fact that my cheaper one is working OK. But we all have our price point. Even for me, even my better $20 bipod as not nice enough to be my only bipod.

many, i might say most, have little use for a panning feature, unless hunting hogs or something like that (moving targets).
there are competitions with moving targets where it might be useful as well.
generally however, for precision shooting you should be straight behind the rifle with a natural point of aim. panning means you are neither.
*natural point of aim means that in a supported position, when your crosshairs are on the bullseye, you can close your eyes and relax, and not shift your poa.
you will probably find very few long range prs shooters using a bipod that pans.

btw, i am a king of rationalizations (a buy once - cry once type).
i rarely eat out, even fast food is rare...
and each time i consider eating out and don't, i put that money in a virtual piggy bank for things i want.
these days, with the price of everything to eat, your bank will fill up fast (unless you already eat at home most of the time).
Good call. I just dropped a heap on a Matador, scope, and tank........sooooooo I need to slow my roll in the spending department. I'm glad I got the larger fill tank though (was worth the money). I'm only just starting though I mean my tripod is me kneeling on the ground in my backyard with a cat scratch post. Haha. But I'll work my way up to it. BR4 Gen2 is where I think it's at, then.

Reactions: theLBC
Good call. I just dropped a heap on a Matador, scope, and tank........sooooooo I need to slow my roll in the spending department. I'm glad I got the larger fill tank though (was worth the money). I'm only just starting though I mean my tripod is me kneeling on the ground in my backyard with a cat scratch post. Haha. But I'll work my way up to it. BR4 Gen2 is where I think it's at, then.
fill a sock with sand or rice and you have a nice cheap bag to throw on that post.

Reactions: damageINC
The accutac doesn't pan left, right either
Mine does..

Reactions: Ranchibi
MDT CKYE bipod: https://mdttac.com/mdt-ckye-pod/

About the only bipod that offers just about every adjustment that you would ever want. Perfect gamer bipod especially the double leg pull version, definitely like it better than the Atlas and preferred when not breaking out the tripod.
Hi
I have the double leg pull version.
It is extremely versatile and you can really adjust everything!

I do not want to miss it anymore.

3B8366EB-2B94-4352-9711-0C4EA00CC079.jpeg

7320663D-3701-4AF7-B3AB-B1833AE7801C.jpeg

11F8B3D7-377A-40B3-9157-186F062D11C6.jpeg

EB6A0A71-0F02-4B84-AC70-A266B0DA7994.jpeg

F54CD173-65C0-4E59-BBB5-2B5B5C6CA76B.jpeg

Reactions: Sc0-
you cant spend too much on a bi pod ! take the cost and divide it by the number of rifles you have and every time your out using it Rember how inexpensive it is to own a top notch bipod on your gun . just think if you could do that with scopes!!! or (A) scope for all your guns !
I have an airgun that I modified to my liking.
A scope for day and night, a versatile bipod for every situation and a fully adjustable stock that still looks incredibly good.😜

Reactions: joelayfield
For the longest time I resisted purchasing an Accu-tac bipod because I just couldn't justify the price. But now that I have one it's very easy to justify🤙

View attachment 286953

View attachment 286954

View attachment 286955
Hi

I am interested in the size of the Accu Tac FC-4 G2.
Does it have to be disassembled each time before the rifle is stowed in a case/bag or can it remain assembled.
Find the bipod very interesting and would go well with my Daystate.

Hi

I am interested in the size of the Accu Tac FC-4 G2.
Does it have to be disassembled each time before the rifle is stowed in a case/bag or can it remain assembled.
Find the bipod very interesting and would go well with my Daystate.
I remove it from the rifle when I put the rifle in the case. The FC-4 G2 is a great bipod but is fairly good size. It works great for a larger rifle like my M3 sniper but any rifle smaller than that, if you want a wide base bipod, I would highly recommend the Accu-Tac WB4. It's still wide body but without pan and is more practical in size for the field. Here are a couple of pics of the two M3's that I have these bipods on so you can see the difference. 30 cal M3 Sniper and 22 cal M3 Compact.

Twin1.jpg

Twin2.jpg

Thank you for the information.

Wanted to use it on a Red Wolf with PRS chassis.

For the DTM Scye Pod I have a different use.

Does the Accu Tac WB 4 have to be dismantled for storage in the case?
I just measured the width of my WB-4 with the legs folded forward in the stowed away position. It's about 6" wide. I'm not sure what kind of gun case you have so I can't really answer that question.