Now I know what the Accu-tac hype is all about.

For the longest time I resisted purchasing an Accu-tac bipod because I just couldn't justify the price. But now that I have one it's very easy to justify🤙

20220902_134656.jpg

20220902_134720.jpg

20220902_134731.jpg

Funny but I just let a fairly new airgun shooter in our local group try my FC-4 G2 at yesterday morning's shoot. I looked at what he had put on the front end of his Crown (in Saber Tactical chassis), and I knew that he could do much better.

By the end of yesterday he had already ordered himself an FC-4!

Yeah - buy once, cry once. (That is if you can find them in stock anywhere)

Reactions: abqjoe
They ARE fantastic bipods. Unfortunately with the combined fixed income of the Mrs. & me there is absolutely no justification of a $400 two legged "gun rest". Come to think of it $400 is very cheap for surgery to remove one's testicles (because, surely, that's what she'd wanna do if I spent that amount! )

They work well from the bench, very durable but far to heavy for the field. I've had mine for about three+ years now. A new product will be taking it's place s

They work well from the bench, very durable but far to heavy for the field. I've had mine for about three+ years now. A new product will be taking it's place soon.
As the Owner Operator of a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school I'm in pretty good shape and not too concerned about weight. Quite honestly, from my GG&G bipod to this one I don't really notice a weight difference.

When you hike up to 12 miles a day in 100+° with a full pack, weight now becomes an important factor. It's simply to heavy, especially with the leg extensions and for the price I'm not sure it's worth the performance under my own circumstances. I can only think of a handful of times I've ever shot prone in a hunting scenario. Really the only reason I use it is for the camera work I do, otherwise it would get left home.

When you hike up to 12 miles a day in 100+° with a full pack, weight now becomes an important factor. It's simply to heavy, especially with the leg extensions and for the price I'm not sure it's worth the performance under my own circumstances. I can only think of a handful of times I've ever shot prone in a hunting scenario. Really the only reason I use it is for the camera work I do, otherwise it would get left home.
Debbie Downer , the setups for bench

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 4.34.14 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: douger and mercado
agreed.
i run the longer SR-5 G2 because i like the legs forward at 45 degrees.
this both extends pivot point forward, makes a wider stance, and takes the back and forth play out that you have when at 90deg.
(i also have caldwell, harris and atlas bipods).

nvmmntn.jpg

keeps the height about the same as the starting point for a harris or atlas cal.

M6Lj1jd.jpg

all of them work, even the caldwell harris clone, but if i want to hammer the same spot as fast as i can, i would choose the accu-tac.

Last edited:
Reactions: abqjoe