• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Nov 18 FT Match: Tar Heels at Twin Cities

There will be an FT match at Twin Cities Rifle Club Saturday, November 18, 2023.
9 am sight in, Match Fee $15

734 Jack Swamp Rd., Pleasant Hill, NC 27866

Directions : Map Link

Google Maps directions directly to the club address don't work. You can either:

A. Put 754 Jack Swamp Rd. in your phone (That's the house right next to the club driveway)
B. Click on the Link Above
Click on the Red teardrop on the map, A box should pop up
Click on the Red "Find Directions" Diamond ( upper right box)
Enter your starting point

Image 8-9-23 at 8.56 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_1350.jpeg

It was fugly with wind last Saturday, 18 NOV, when 4 shooters and one observer met at Twin Cities to shoot the Gas Line. Temps were pleasant, in the mid-50's. But the winds? They were all over the place. You can see from the course pic above that gusty winds are wide open to do what they want.

It wasn't unusual to double dink a faceplate with a first shot 6 mph hold-off being too little and the follow up shot hitting on the crosshairs.

I (Knobs) shot a 38 WFTF PCP, Ro shot 23 with an 11 FPE Hunter Spring rig, George shot the same score as Ro in Hunter PCP and Jimmy knocked off early as he was still resting up from a medical proceedure. If Jimmy had shot the full course he'd probably have kicked my butt as I watched him make some tough shots that I had just missed.

In any case it was a good day for the TYar Heels at Twin Cities. If the weather cooperates we'll likely shoot the December match mid month. Look for the announcement.

Knobs

Last edited: