• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Notos with Scuba Tank

You need exactly what John Blount linked. Also a cheap scuba is fine for the notos. Dont be discouraged by the negative comments. Hell you can tether that tank to a notos and get 100’s of shots off a fill. Not ideal for hunting but fine for shooting and plinking.

That's exactly what I do (teather) when tuning a gun.

Just so I am clear, will a SCUBA tank fill this to full capacity, or will it only get up to like 3000 psi or whatever the max pressure of the tank is?
Will only fill to max pressure of the tank. However the notos is regulated at 1800 psi so you can use the scuba tank all the way down to that pressure.

Reactions: Firewalker
Thank you would it be a good idea to have a hand pump on hand and getting the max PSI from the tank and then top it off with the pump? Or just have a lower number of shots using the scuba tank

That's up to you but I abandoned my pump after a month, "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

I use a Yong Heng for the past 4 years and never looked back.

Picked up the tank yesterday and today my kit arrived to hook up to the gun. The first time I filled I was able to get 21 shots before the gauge on the gun went from the green to red. The second fill I did the same but the last couple shots the accuracy dropped off. I am pleased with this set up and am glad it is working and not having to deal with a hand pump. I might get a couple less shots as it looks to only be charging to 3000 psi which is what I expected, but that is fine since it takes about 3 seconds to re charge with the scuba tank.

Just so I am clear, will a SCUBA tank fill this to full capacity, or will it only get up to like 3000 psi or whatever the max pressure of the tank is?

No it will not. The first fill it will come close, the second, less so, the thrid less and with each fill diminishing and so on. You could use a hand pump as suggested to finish topping the gun. But, no, a 3000 psi scuba tank will not fill a 3000 psi rifle to maximum capacity, not even once.

The gun and tank will seek equilibrium, the tank pressure will decrease as the gun is filled, the gun and the tank will equalize at the same but lower pressure each fill.