• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Notos tuning the end.....so far.

I had posted the beginning, this is the end for now.

Standard air tube, 148 bar, ported, ebay plenum, self made guage block, lighter 15 gram hammer, softer spring, adjuster one turn out.

According to Rsterne, regulated guns should be set at 5% below the knee. That would be 845 with this tune.

I'm a bit below, averaging 834 for 35 shots. Five full magazines! I'm going to be happy with that for a lightweight, midrange hunter, knowing that just dialing the spring up will bring 900+ fps 29+ ft lbs with this combo.

This gun maxed at 35 ft lbs for a few very loud shots.

I shot the gun down and noted that as the reg got lower and lower, 100 bar was 799fps. Who knows how many 800 fps shots a tune for that velocity would yield. 50?? A little quick math says 54 shots!

The valve was over opening at that point as it got louder and louder as it dropped to 708 at 72 bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
Well here we are, last tests before making a moderator and accuracy tests. All settings the same. Adjuster flush, mid spring, 15 gram hammer, factory barrel shortened a half inch. Ebay plenum, self made guage block.
One string s JTS 18.1 pellets, the other is JSB 15.89 Jumbo. Both over 27ft lbs!

Screenshot_20230914_100327_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230914_125741_Firefox.jpg