Notos trigger

I have had zero luck maintaining a working safety with the trigger weight below #2.

Has anybody had any luck balancing a light trigger with a working safety?
As Dean mentioned, tiny adjustments is the key and using a weak thread lock to maintain that position is key. Also if you are using a second spring for a better first stage feel make sure it is a weak spring.

Allen

I will have to find a picture for you a little later.
20230716_110502.jpg

20230716_110508.jpg

You mayhave the hidden screw in the trigger too far out too. That one pretty much set and forget.

Allen

Last edited:
Here's how I did mine--inline with what Healthservices did...averaging 1lb 12oz trigger pull and passed the slap/drop test. Before the spring was added, the gun would fire on the drop test. I shortened the safety spring so there's enough space to capture the added spring. I also drilled the sear so the added spring is captured there too. Also added a shim washer to sear pivot pin to take out the play. There was enough play that when cocked, the sear was not in line with the trigger and askew which resulted in varied trigger pulls. The shim washer took care of that.

ZbLuymf.jpg

tkf2r2q.jpg

BpkEt4K.jpg

It is possible that you have to polish the shear a bit sand it smooth with finer and finer sand paper. Then hit with a polisher.

Screenshot_20230716_223427_Gallery.jpg

Then put a dab of good quality grease. I also replace the pins with harden chrome bits.

20230716_221151.jpg

There is a lot of things you can do to reduce the pressure required to pull the trigger and keep the safety. This one happens to be a pp750, everything looks the same but different. Safety is to left, cocking to right.

Allen

Reactions: RAMJET66
I actually don't use my notos as much as my .177 pp750. I put the notos stock on my .177 and when I do shoot my notos I put the .177 tube and reg onto the notos so I can fire jsb rs pellets and get over 70 shots perfill. I don't need the notos .22 to fire so dang hot. Nor do I want it loud. I have too many guns that do that already. I just need it to be accurate lower power, but enough to take out the varmints, and shoot a lot of pellets.

20230614_191502.jpg

My pp750 with Notos garb.

Allen

Last edited:
I actually don't use my notos as much as my .177 pp750. I put the notos stock on my .177 and when I do shoot my notos I put the .177 tube and reg onto the notos so I can fire jsb rs pellets and get over 70 shots perfill. I don't need the notos .22 to fire so dang hot. Nor do I want it loud. I have too many guns that do that already. I just need it to be accurate lower power, but enough to take out the varmints, and shoot a lot of pellets.

View attachment 374039
My pp750 with Notos garb.

Allen

Easy to do. Turn out the hammer spring, restack the belville washer stack for a lower pressure.

Although I was able to get under 2 lbs. trigger pull with just the screw adjustment, I did not feel it had enough sear engagement to be safe. It was very close to the shoulder radius of the hammer. I ended up machining the hammer to remove most of the radius also made the sear 90 deg. I then moved the 2nd stage screw closer to the fulcrum to increase mechanical advantage. This alone reduce the pull from 2# down to 1 lb. 7 oz. So about 30% reduction. I also took the safety detent spring out and replace with softer one to make it easier to engage. I am in the process of making a new lower assembly so I can use a Timney trigger for my Notos .25 cal build.

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

Reactions: RAMJET66