Umarex Notos trigger/safety

Picked up a Notos last week and the safety is not working. I’ve backed the trigger screw (the one that’s accessible from the outside)all the way out , but the rifle still fires on safe.

Edit: Sanded down the top of the trigger at the 2nd grub screw and she’s crisp and the safety will now engage.

IMG_9577.jpeg

Last edited:
i though on those kinda safety's when pushed right or left it would hit against the stock and keep it from in gauging?
That is correct! If the trigger/safety can be pulled back far enough to pull the sear off the hammer, it will fire.

Three reasons for the safety to fail:
1. The sear is too short or the hammer edge is worn.
2. The forward grub extends too far or the rear grub extends too far.
3. There is not enough material on the hand grip body.

In all cases, the sear dropps off allowing the hammer cylinder to go forward, striking the valve pin.

I have seen unhardened hammers wear down causing unintended firings, sears that have been ground down and grub screws out so far that the trigger releases the sear before the safety engages the body.

Picked up a Notos last week and the safety is not working. I’ve backed the trigger screw (the one that’s accessible from the outside)all the way out , but the rifle still fires on safe.

I’ve also tried running the second grub screw all the way flush and it still makes no difference. Any ideas?

View attachment 438716
Did it initially work?